~ Chapter 79 ~ (Just A Beginning)

"I see... You too bear a birthmark. What a pity..." The upper moon one demon said as he is facing the stone pillar, Gyomei.

"A pity?" Gyomei asked in wonder as he begin spinning his weapon around as he prepare himself for the battle that is about to be unfold.

"At a glance where I guess your age... Would 27 be about right?" Kokushibou guessed. "What's that supposed to mean?" Gyomei respond in uncertain.

"I grieve the loss... Those with birthmarks. Without exception, die before they see the age of 25." Kokushibou told Gyomei.

"The appearance of the birthmark, true it increases one's power... But in the end, it is no more than an exchange for one's life."

"You have passed the age of 25, the birthmark has appeared. You may even die this very night."

"You have mastered your body and techniques to such a degree... And they will vanish from this world..."

"You don't think that's tragic?" Kokushibou said as he looked at Gyomei, waiting for an answer. Gyomei wasn't bothered even after hearing what the swordsman demon just said.

"I don't. All that stuff, that's old news for the marked." Gyomei responded simply. "You already knew?" Kokushibou asked in interest.

"Even if my birthmark didn't appear, as long as I'm in the demon slaying corps.... There is never a promise of tomorrow."

"What's the use of trying to preserve my life force this late in this war? Nobody with half-witted resolve like that become a Hashira."

"What an unbelievable insult. You've got my blood boiling." Gyomei said as his anger is rising. "I'm not talking about something as dull as your life force." Kokushibou told him.

"Becoming a demon means the ability to preserve your body, your techniques. I cannot comprehend, it's foolish..." Kokushibou said.

"There's no way you could. We're born as humans, and we take it as a point of pride to die as humans."

"Stop trying to make other people think your moronic notions are flawless." Gyomei said to the demon. Kokushibou didn't react too much after what Gyomei just said to him.

"I just realise it while you were talking, but... You lied something." Gyomei remarked. Kokushibou look at Gyomei while in wonder himself.

"Hmm? What's that? What falsehood did I say?" Kokushibou asked. "There is an exception, isn't there? A person who bore a birthmark and lived well past 25" Gyomei stated.

This caught Kokushibou off guard as he is silent from this. He couldn't respond a single word. Gyomei smirked from this, "You're shaking. Looks like my guess is..."

"Right?" Gyomei is instantly alerted by his senses after he finished his sentence. He can heard Kokushibou who suddenly appeared in front of him, about to decapitate the Stone Pillar.

Gyomei used the chains to block Kokushibou slashes and immediately try to push him away. Their battle is only just the beginning...

~Meanwhile~

"CAW! KANAE! SHINOBU! KANAO! INOSUKE! CAW! THEY HAVE DEFEATED THE UPPER MOON TWO!" the crows begin announcing around the fotress as a lot of them.

A lot of them heard what the crows just said and the demon slayers can feel their spirits rising even higher as a lot of them is feeling motivated than ever right now. Another one of the powerful demon is defeated.

"Are all of them alright?" Tanjirou asked one of the crows. "Basically..." the crow answered plainly.

'This is incredible! We're each scoring victories. We're getting closer to Muzan!' Tanjirou thought in awe by himself.

"Amazing! It seems like the demon hunters are dominating this war. But I'm afraid it's far from over. This is just a beginning... " Tamayo said.

"I agree... Muzan is our main target and is still out there. We don't have time to celebrate. We cannot let our guards down just yet." Amane said in agreement with Tamayo. Tanjirou and Giyuu also agreed with them as they continue to walk forward, trying to find a way out from the fotress.

~With Kiriya~

"Kiriya-sama! Father, Mother and our sisters... They are alive!" Kuina told his brother. "WHAT! How is this possible?!" Kiriya said in disbelief.

Kanata is also speechless as she couldn't believe herself, but there's no denying it. Their parents and sisters are still alive.

She can saw them clearly from the crow's visions as they are currently walking inside the fotress with Tanjirou Kamado and Giyuu Tomioka.

"T-t-they are a-alive..." Kanata said in joy and relief as she can't hold the happiness she's feeling right now. She couldn't hold her tears as they are falling on her face.

"They are being guarded by Tanjirou Kamado and the Water Pillar, Giyuu Tomioka" Kuina told her brother. She is also feeling joyful inside herself, but she knows that she cannot celebrate yet and decided to keep it between herself.

"This is a miracle... How did they survive the explosion..." Kiriya said in clear shock. He can feel himself feeling happy like her two other sisters.

Kiriya immediately shook his head as he realised that the war is not over. "We need to focus on the battle right now! Do not stop your hands!" Kiriya ordered her sisters.

"Yes, Kiriya-Sama!" Kanata said with a huge smile on her face. Kuina just nodded as she continue to control her emotions, however she couldn't control the small smile appeared on her face...

~Back At The Infinity Castle~

"Stay still Inosuke! I need to patch up your wounds properly!" Shinobu said in clear annoyance. "But it's taking too long! I should be kicking some demon's butt right now instead of doing this boring thing!" Inosuke told Shinobu.

Shinobu sighed as she continue to stitch Inosuke's wounds. Kanae and Kanao sit on the ground beside each other as they take some rest while watching Shinobu treating Inosuke.

The battle has taken some toll on them as they can feel their bodies burning from exhaustion. However, it's not as worse as it seems because they are not fully tired. They just need some rest right now to replenish their energy and they will be good to go.

"Come on! How long does it take to finish this?" Inosuke asked impatiently. "I can't rush it, this matter needs to be handle delicately" Shinobu responded as she patiently treating Inosuke.

Kanae slightly laughed as she watched Shinobu while Kanao just smiled looking at them. "Shinobu Nee-san is working hard..." Kanao remarked. Kanae just smiled at Kanao and nodded in agreement.

After a few more minutes, Shinobu is finally done. Inosuke has been properly patched up. Shinobu then sit on the ground as she also can finally get some rest.

"That boy is some piece of work" Shinobu said in sigh. "Get some rest Shinobu, you deserve it more than we do." Kanae told her sister.

"However, we can't rest for too long. The war is still not over. We need to find the others and help them" Kanae said to all of them. Shinobu and Kanao agreed with Kanae.

"Inosuke, you should rest too. We'll move together later." Kanae said to Inosuke. Inosuke is about to disagree with Kanae, however, he saw Shinobu staring at him while giving him a look.

"You can sit here Inosuke!" Shinobu said as she patted the floor beside her while smiling at him. Inosuke is familiar with that kind of smile Shinobu is giving him. He realised that he don't have a choice.

Inosuke just nodded slowly in response as he walked near Shinobu and sit beside her quietly.

"That wasn't too hard was it?" Shinobu asked. Inosuke just stay silent as he curled himself.

"Shinobu, please stop frightening him" Kanae told Shinobu. "I didn't do anything, Nee-san. Why would I frighten him?" Shinobu said innocently.

Kanae just sighed at this. She decided to let it pass. Kanao looked in wonder as she didn't understand the situation right now. It's better if they focus on getting some rest right now...