5. Christening pt.1 - A Royal feud

"Louis, sweetie" Victoria smiled as she entered her little brother's room. The boy was already wide awake, staring at his sister. He gurgled, waving his arms in the air. "Did you sleep well?"

She scooped him up, holding him in her arms, as he smiled to her with a toothless mouth. She took him to the changing table and placed him down. "It's your big day, Lou" she cooed with some sort of pride. "You're going to be christened and everyone will see again how handsome you are."

As if he understood, Louis gurgled with joy. At the same time, Catherine joined her first and last born children, holding the christening gown.

"I was coming to wake him up," she stated, smiling.

"I preceded you, instead," Victoria replied, placing next to her brother a white onesie. "How long before we leave?"

Catherine checked the time. It was three p.m., and the service was at four p.m.

"Mh, half an hour I suppose." She replied. "But we're all good. George and Charlotte are almost ready, last time I checked nanny Maria was trying to get George wearing his shoes. Charlotte's ready - and dad is, too. Are you?"

Victoria nodded while helping her mother fixing the christening gown, that was getting stuck everywhere. "I am, I just need to get my fascinator and my shoes,"

"Oh, then you're more ready than I am. I still need to get my makeup done." Catherine sighed.

"Mum I got it. He's dressed, he's ready, I can get him downstairs," Victoria stated as she held Louis tight, collecting the christening gown that was leaning, so it wouldn't have gotten in her way while walking down the stairs.

"Thank you so much my love," Kate kissed her on the forehead, then left the room. Victoria and Louis were alone again.

She smiled to her brother and gave him her finger to hold, but as soon as he grabbed it, Louis pulled it and took it straight into his mouth, causing Victoria to laugh. "Is that good?" She joked.

As she carefully bounced him, while walking outside of his room, Victoria thought of how much his relationship with her baby brother had been way closer so far, than with her other siblings when they were newborn. As she was only 11 and 13 when the they were, she wasn't really interested in taking care of them, but it was completely different with Louis.

She was almost an adult, involved in the family private and public life almost as her parents were, and most of the time she liked it.

As she made her way into the kitchen she saw he father, who turned to her immediately. "Mignonette," he smiled.

Mignonette was William's nickname for Victoria. He had called her like that since she was born.

"Dad," the princess smiled, walking towards her father. She gazed down to the sleeping boy in her arms. "We're ready to go."

"I see," William replied, trying to get his son from her. He carefully held his head and rested him on his chest. "I'm getting him in the car, mum should be down in no time, can you go get Char and George?"

"Yeah sure," the Princess nodded, but before she could even more the children entered the room, followed by their nanny.

"Hey guys," she smiled to them.

"William, they're ready." Nanny Maria told the Prince. "Do you need help getting them all in the car?"

"No we're good, thanks" Victoria spoke first, holding her siblings' hands.

Nanny Maria gave a nod and smiled. "Alright Victoria, thank you. I'll be waiting for you at Clarence House, then."

As they walked out of the kitchen, Kate joined them. She was fully dressed, and ready to leave.