Chapter 3 - Pressed flowers

Back from a long mission, Bucky, Nat, Wanda and Vision entered the elevator just as Loki rounded into the living room looking for Thor.

"That the hell?!" Nat kicked him down, bringing a blade to his neck. The sudden noise made you rush in but instead of intervening, you leant against the wall and ate the rest of your chocolate bar.

"Get off me, quim!" Loki growled. "Y/n, will you help me??"

"Lady Y/n to you, Loki,"

"What is going on??" Tony walked in, though his goatee was missing.

"What happened??" the group gasps.

"This is funny, and I'd love to chat but I'm off," your satchel slung over your shoulder, the group too busy being frantic to care.

~~~

"So, Loki is staying with us?"

"Until further notice from bushy beard guy on Assguard,"

"His name is Odin but you refer to him as The Allfather," you had returned to see the group now civil.

"Thank you, Y/n," Thor sighs. "He may be in another realm but you must respect him,"

"Exactamente, kiddos, now are we all caught up with what's going on?"

"Yes, but the question is, are you?"

"No, but I don't really care why he's here as long as he stays away from me," you give a thumbs up to the group before turning on your heel and walking away.

"So... anyone else want to explain the tension?" Peter looks to the two gods.

Loki scoffs and exits, leaving Thor to explain. "Y/n and my brother were close friends on Asgard. They were almost inseparable ever since Mother brought her to the palace... mutual pining for centuries and then Loki fell from the bridge, she was nearly arrested under the suspicion of helping him and obviously Y/n hates him for faking his death,"

"A lot to unpack," Bucky's awkward note was met with similar agreement.

"Should we just leave it?"

"It would be best not to tamper with fragile pieces," Thor claps his knees before standing up. "Welcome back friends,"

~~~

Scrap booking was something you've done for so long, it's just now you were able to add photos. The first fair few dozen were covered with doodles and little letters.

In older books you tried to get the warriors three to add to it but it often ended with crude notes, childish humor they still found funny (and still did to this day).

Sif wrote a few lovely letters which you held dear, and Thor did his best to draw the group but you cherished it just as much.

Then there were the many pages you and Loki crafted together. Technically the whole book was Loki crafted, he had found the leather and binded the book himself for your birthday as he did once every century. However, this book was from the beginning of this century, you doubt he remembered or cared.

Why would he? He often found you wanting him to draw something in the parchment silly.

More recent pages were filled with pictures taken of odd moments with the Avengers. From the lunches out, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, even during a fight when Peter's suit caught a snapshot of a funny moment.

But one thing kept constant.

Pressed flowers.

Loki seemed to love doing it with you when neither of you had sorcery lessons with his mother.

"Now we can use the heating spell my mother taught us..." Loki focused his hands between the two papers incasing the flowers. "Look at that! It worked!" Loki marvels at the daisy as you giggled at his excitement.

He had done this since you were both young. Every time you walked through the garden, rode on horseback, traveled through the palace or the village, he took the nearest fauna and pressed it.

Scattered, along every page, from colour to browning leaves, they all were there with a date written just under.

So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you

The flowers unraveled between the paper, your hands taking them out and smiling

I'm gonna hold you like I'm gonna lose you

Humming softly to the tune, you couldn't help but let the tears slip. That's thing about Midgard music, it opened up a new set of emotions that Asgardian music never did.

How could you help yourself? You saw the man you grew to love and fall for walk down the halls for the past few days, years after thinking he died.

The sudden music change made you jump, cast an illusion of yourself, and look around to see Nat and Wanda by the door.

"How long have you been there for?"

"Long enough, drop the illusion,"

"Oh no, Y/n is crying, time to go into Mama bear mode," you sniffle, saying this sarcastically.

"Yes, exactly, but first we need to get your out of these clothes,"

"What's wrong with these?" You look down to your band shirt and sweats.

"I don't think they'll let you into the club looking like that,"

"Woah, woah, who said anything about a club? Aren't Tony's parties enough?"

"They are but I'm not willing to spend the next day cleaning up, so let's go," Nat dragged you into the walk in closet located in the bathroom.

~~~

Pressed flowers are so aesthetic

- Anna ❤️