Chapter 24

"It's my treat, honey"he added.

Did he just call me 'honey'?

"I was uh reading the menu. There was a honey syrup in that one"he excused, pointing at the menu after clearing his throat. His ears were turning red.

"Okay..."

You shrugged it off and read the menu as well, pursing your lips. There's so many different kinds and they all look good which makes it hard for you to choose.

"I'll have the chocolate chip pancakes"you said.

"Okay, get us some table. I'll order"he stated which made you make an 'woah' sound. You nudged his shoulder, smiling. You can't believe he's actually doing this.

I see he's getting used to dealing with people.

You left him on the cashier and walked towards an empty table near the window. You sat down and waited for him. You looked at the view outside the window but you immediately closed your eyes due to the bright sunlight that is shining upon you.

After a while, he sat across you with a tray on his hand containing your orders.  It's been a while since you had chocolate chip pancakes. You clapped your hands in tiny since you were excited.

"That's a good choice"you spoke, referring to the blueberry pancakes he ordered for himself.

"Is this good?"he asked. You nod.

"Let's eat!"

You began eating and you felt relieved that he likes the blueberry pancake he ordered. The way he eats make the food really look like it's the most delicious food in the world. He eats appetizingly. As you stare at him, you notice the small seashell horn pendant of his necklace again.

"That's a cute necklace by the way"you complimented. He looked down and smiled.

"Thank you. It suits me well, right?"

"It does"you replied.

"Are you coming with us for the fishing trip tomorrow?"he asked. You bit your lip as you thought.

"Maybe..I think it would be fun so yeah I guess"you answered. He nodded and smiled brighly after you said that.

"I uhm.. I have something important to tell you"Jin spoke, hesitating a little bit.

"What is it?"

"I know a lot of jokes about retired people"he stated which made you raise an eyebrow.

"But none of them work!"he added and slammed the table with his hand, laughing out loud. You laughed because of his laugh not because of the joke. You were also relieved since you thought he would say something serious but it turns out to be a joke. You admire his bravery for not caring about the people around him.

---

"Now try texting them"you said. After you got home, you gave Jin the number of Yoongi and Hoseok.

"Good job~"you praised and patted his head.

"They replied!"he exclaimed which made you laugh.

"They said we'll meet up at the restaurant"he spoke. You heard your phone rang so you grabbed your phone and went upstairs.

It's Beomgyu.

You answered the call.

Me: What's up?
Him: Noona~ I was wondering if you
         are busy tomorrow
Me: Why?
Him: I have a performance tomorrow
         in school for our festival
Me: Oh my gosh! That's great~
Him: Mom couldn't go so I wanted to
         invite you.
Me: What time is that?
Him: It will start at 3pm
Me: I'll go
Him: See you tomorrow noona! (he yelled which made you remove your phone from your ear)

He hanged up.

You sighed.

Why can't mom go to his own son' s performance?

You headed downstairs again and saw how excited Jin is for the fishing trip tomorrow. There was a part of you that you wanted to go with them but you don't wanna disappoint your younger brother. He needs you so you have to go.

"Jin, I don't think I can go with you guys tomorrow"you spoke.

"Why?"

"My brother, Beomgyu, will perform in his school tomorrow. I want to support him"you replied. He slowly nodded.

"You have to watch him. I'm sure they will understand that. That's more important"he smiled.

~next day~

"Y/N, I promise I'll be fine"Jin chuckled. You've been pouting for about an hour now.

You can't help it but you were worried about it. This would be the first time Jin would be totally separated from you and also the first time you'll leave him with someone else by himself for like an entire afternoon or night. You felt like a mom not wanting to let go of your own son.

You grabbed his bag and placed his phone and wallet in it.

"I can do that~"he whined.

"I'm just worried"you said. You know that he'll be in good hands because Hoseok and Yoongi are good people but you were scared they'll find out who he is.

"Trust me, okay?"he said, placing his hands on your shoulder.

"Contact me always"you commanded.

"I will. Now go, you'll be late for his performance"he stated. They'll go on the fishing trip at 4pm which means you have to leave first.

You took a deep breathe and grabbed your bag. You headed towards your door.

"Wait!"he yelled and ran to you. He suddenly removed your necklace from your neck which surprised you. He opened your bag and placed it in there.

"What are you doing!?"

He didn't answer you. He removed his  necklace from his neck that has the small seashell horn and placed it on your neck instead.

"W-what are you doing?"you asked, holding his arm.

"You have to use that for now"he stated. You look at him confusingly.

"If something bad happens just in case, make sure to blow that pendant"he stated.

"But why?"

"Just do it if something bad happens to you, okay? Also, I placed your seashell necklace on your bag"he explained.

"I don't understand why I have to"

"Promise me that you'll do it if something happens"he said. He looked serious so you just nod.

"Is something gonna happen?"you asked.

"No. I'm just worried because we'll be far away from each other. I can't protect you because I'm not by your side so you have to use that"he replied.

"What's gonna happen if I blow it?"you asked.

"It's almost 3pm, you'll be late"he replied with a smile, obviously ignoring your question. You rolled your eyes and chuckled.

"Make sure to contact me. Bye"you waved before heading out of your house.

You won't use your car since looking for a parking space will be time consuming which might make you late. You went to the bus stop and waited.

You looked down on the necklace on your neck and caressed it with your hand. You felt weird since you don't use other necklaces aside from the one he gave you before.

I guess I have to use this one for now even though I don't understand its purpose.

A/N:
Hi everyone! Here's an update since our exams are finally done :) How are you all? I hope you like this chapter and stay tune for more.
Don't forget to vote!
Stay safeee❤️❤️❤️