//Chopsticks//

Turning away from me, Sonju crouched down to eye-level with the other two gracefield children. "What's up with these two? They look awful..." 

"W-why... did you help...?" Ray uttered, his voice dry and seething fear. 

"They're like that because you're hovering over them with that thing, Sonju. The poor things are terrified!" Mujika sighed before looking over to me who was still staring at the plant. "And Y/N, we have other food prepared already- no reason to risk your life trying random berries in the middle of an uncharted cave" She scolded. I giggled and stood up, walking over to the two demons. 

"Nonsense!" Sonju was speaking. "What about those little ones over there?" He exclaimed, worrying about them getting hurt on his massive harpoon. "Though, sure, I do take care not to let them touch it!" 

Ray's face looked completely dumbstruck. "W-why...are... you demons... hel-" He began a second time but was interrupted by Emma's shout.

"Where are the children?!" Emma shouted, turning a deadly gaze to Sonju. She then dashed in the direction that Mujika came from.

"HEY EMMA-!!" Ray called after her. I let out a low whistle. Remind me not to piss Emma off. She may be a cinnamon roll, but she's a dEADLY cinnamon roll. 

"Heh heh heh..." Sonju let out a throaty chuckle. "My bad, kiddies. About your question, then..." The large large demon let out a long sigh, imbued deeply with amusement. "Why would we demons save you, eh..." 

I swayed from leg to leg, debating what to do now. I could stay here with Ray and talk to Sonju, or I could go relieve my plant of their worry... 

"Demons..." Sonju was still speaking, reminiscing on the old times. "How nostalgic... Yes, we used to be called that..." We began walking towards the other room that contained Emma and all the other cattle children, so I was grateful to not have to choose between the two groups.

"I'm sorry to've scared you so much..." Mujika said as we entered. "we really didn't mean to add to your troubles. I'm Mujika, and this is Sonju. We don't eat humans. So relax, we don't have any intentions of harming you or your friends." Mujika spoke calmly, her voice sweet and relaxing. 

My plant then took notice of me, raising from where they were sitting. "Y/N!" Poppy called, running over to me. 

"Are you okay?" Daisy asked, checking my face for wounds. All of a sudden there was a harsh smack across the back of my head.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, rubbing it. Reina stood over me, her face looking harsh.

"Really... You big idiot!" She yelled, tears beginning to sprout from her eyes. "You didn't even say anything about where you were going and just disappeared!" She began berating me.

"Ahaha..." I sent Poppy a look for help but she rejected it with a glare.

"I may be reckless, Y/N, but that was the most reckless thing I've ever heard of!" And then my second mom- or technically my 3rd- wait, or 4th?!-  began berating me too, without pause for breath.

"...Hayato, what about you?" I asked, clawing out desperately to get away from the army of kids nagging me. 

"... you did stupid." He said, turning back to his food. 

Defeated, I slumped towards Hannah. I wrapped my arms around her neck. "Hannah? You love me right? Get them to stop being mean!!!" I groaned, actively turning into goo. 

Hannah huffed and stood up, letting me fall to the floor. "Sorry..." Niko mouthed, giving me an apologetic grin as she followed after her angry best friend to the other side of the room.