𝐈.𝐈𝐗

DERANGED

Darla looked around the room before running out after Steve and Tony. She heard over the comms that one of their engines was down and that some one needs to patch it up.

Tony had offered to go and fix the engine himself, whilst Coulson put everywhere into lockdown.

Darla followed both men to level four.

"Engine three. I'll meet you there." Tony said looking between both the blondes.

Steve nodded, he instinctively grabbed Darla's hand and pulled her with him towards engine three. Her eyes widened once she heard a loud roar.

"Is that the Hulk?" Darla questioned in a whisper.

"I think so." Steve mumbled, pulling the girl closer slightly.

Darla continued to run towards engine three, not even thinking twice as she jumped over the things that had fallen down.

Steve's eyes widened and wrapped his arms around the girl as she was just about the run off the edge of the ship. Darla's breath hitched as she looked down at the drop. She could have died.

"I've got you." Steve whispered making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Her hands clutched Steve's arm as he stepped back slightly. "I suppose that's not a bonus of being drunk on the job." He uttered trying to lighten the mood.

"Definitely not." She whispered back.

"Stark. We're here." Steve shouted and looked up to the sky, where he saw Tony in his suit.

"Good. Let's see what we've got." Tony said as he stopped in front of the engines. "I got to get this superconducting coolant system back online,"

Darla looked up to Steve with furrowed brows.

"What the fuck is he saying?" Steve just scrunched up his face and shrugged, he had no clue.

"before I can access the rotors, work on dislodging the debris. I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position." Tony instructed to Steve.

"Darla, we need you to get to Loki." Fury's voice came in over the comms.

Steve nodded towards Darla,

"Go." He hesitated for a second. "Stay safe for me will you?"

"Yes, Cap." Darla mockingly saluted before running off to guard Loki. She smiled at the thought of Steve wanting her to stay safe. It was something she hadn't expected from anyone there.

Before Darla could fully make it to Loki, his guard went to swing for her. Which she anticipated. The blonde grabbed his hand and twisted it behind it back, throwing him to the floor and looking at him in disgust.

"Don't touch me." She said as she pushed his arm back and popped it out of his socket. Darla slammed the mans head down onto her knee, knocking him unconscious.

The blonde continued to make her way to Loki's cell, where he appeared to be waiting with a smirk.

"I'm glad you came." Loki said, his eyes flickering up and down the girl. Darla looked over at Thor, who instead of Loki was trapped in the cell. "I have some questions for you, deranged." Loki took a small step closer to the girl.

Darla stood up tall, her eyes remained on Loki the whole time. She clenched her jaw with every step he took.

"Am I going to get out of here?" Loki questioned, he reached up to push some of her blonde hair out of her face, her hand clamp down on his wrist.

"I'm not telling you anything." She said pushing away his hand.

Loki let out a low chuckle.

"But you know what is going to happen don't you?" Loki circled around the girl. His eyes flickered up and down her, he wouldn't mind someone like her on his team.

"Kind of." Whispered Darla innocently. "It all depends on you really."

Thor slammed his hammer against the glass, causing the cell to drop slightly. Loki smirked.

"The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?" Loki walked over to the control panels with a smirk.

The guard from behind Darla grunted, making her turn to face Coulson who had just knocked the man out. Never in her life had she been happier to see him.

"Move away please." Coulson said holding up a gun. "You like this?" He questioned Loki, who had raised his hands up slightly in surrender. "We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does." Coulson clicked a button, turning it on.

"Stop." Darla said, turning to face Coulson. Loki had planned his next step out very carefully and she needed to change it, but unfortunately, Coulson continued.

"Do you want to find out?" He tormented. Not even seconds later, Loki stabbed Coulson with his scepter. Darla covered her mouth in shock, a few tears streaming down her face.

"NO!" Screamed Thor as he slammed his hands against the glass of the cell. Coulson fell to the ground and Loki made his way back to the control panels.

Darla tried to rush over to Coulson, but Loki grabbed her arm and pulled her with him.

"You can do the honours." He smirked motioning to the button. Darla vigorously shook her head. "You will do it, or you too will die."

"It's okay Darla, push it." Thor nodded. He understand that in order to survive, she would have to push the button. He didn't want the girl dying for him.

"You'll be okay." She smiled towards him and clicked the button, making the cell drop.

Loki chuckled turning to the girl slightly, he cupped her face and whispered, "We make a good team, you and I." He paused. "You should join me."

"Not a chance." Darla said trying to pull away from the man.

"Your choice." Loki shrugged and kicked the girl in the stomach before going to walk away.

"You're going to lose." Coulson spoke up.

"Am I?" Loki turned back around and faces the man, who was slouched against the wall.

"It's in your nature." Coulson said, Darla had noticed the blood that was dripping down the corner of his mouth.

She knew what was going to happen. She knew he was going to die. The voices kept repeating it, taunting her almost.

"Your heroes are scattered. Your floating fortress falls from the sky. Where is my disadvantage?" Loki questioned walking closer to Coulson.

"You lack conviction." Coulson uttered. Darla had began to crawl closer to the man.

"I don't think I'm-" Coulson cut Loki off by firing the gun, sending Loki through a wall with a ball of fire following.

"So that's what it does." Coulson let out a small chuckle.

"I need medical." Darla said over the comms. "Coulson's injured and badly. I need medical now." She whispered, her voice cracking slightly. "Please."