Chapter Seventeen

Heart hammering in my chest, I continue to stumble backwards until my back hits a wall. No, it can't be. Rubbing at my eyes in disbelief, I blink a few times before my eyes adjust to find Loki stood at the end of the hall, his mischevious smile plastered on his face as he steps towards me.

"Did you miss me?" he whispers gently, smiling his devilishly handsome grin at me. Pulling my body upwards, I step closer to him, gently reaching my hand up towards his face. My fingertips brush's against his soft skin as he closes his eyes and smiles gently.

"B-But you're dead." I mumble, closing my own and letting my hand fall from beside his face before taking a step away from him, once again hitting the wall behind me.

"Well kinda." Loki adds, shrugging his shoulders as I open my eyes again, my brows drawing together.

"What do you mean kinda?" I ask him, my eyes narrow and filled with confusion as I stare into his. Without realising it, I find my hand curling into a fist by my side, the anger I've felt building within me. "You're either dead or alive, there's no kinda about it!" I screech, my voice echoing through the hall and down towards the rooms at the end.

"Woah, calm down and let me explain." He whispers, gently placing a hand on my shoulder before smiling mischievously again. That can never be good. I've seen that smile a thousand times before and each time something terrible has happened. Pushing his hand off my shoulder, I cross my arms against my chest as raise my eyebrows at him, waiting for the explanation. "Okay, Okay. Right, Well erm..." Eyes fixated on the ground, Loki kicks at the floor, fidgeting in his place uncomfortably before glancing briefly at the rooms at the end of the hall.

"LOKI!" I scream, my patience wearing thin as my hands begin to glow lightly. Holding his hands up in surrender, Loki takes a deep breath and nods.

"I faked my death." He admits before jumping backwards and sheltering himself from a non-existant incoming blow. After a few moments, he peeks out from behind his hands to see me stood there, straight faced with my arms still crossed."Oh, I was expecting you to hit me." he confesses, straightening his jacket as he stands up straighter.

"So was I."

Silence hangs in the air between us, both of us straight faces as we stand a few feet from one another. Rolling my eyes, I begin to walk away only for Loki to grab my wrist, spinning my around until my back hits the wall again. A groan escapes my lips as my head collided with the hard wood causing a burst of pain within my skull.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me?" I mumble, Lokis hand still fixed around my wrist even as I glare up at him. Closing his eyes, Loki steps backwards and let's go of my wrist as he sighs audibly.

"I wanted to but it was too dangerous. I couldn't risk hurting you or, well you know." He chuckles, his smile returning as he opens his eyes and softens them. Shaking my head, I bite my lip and push him hard, sending him tumbling backwards towards the floor. "I'm sorry." he mumbles, not moving as he looks up at me from the ground.

Taking a deep breath and fixing my dress, I push past him and begin heading for the rooms at the end of the hall, my mind still fixed on Stephen. "My queen! Please don't go." pleads Loki, as he scrambles to his feet, chasing after me down the hall even as I begin to speed up.

"Don't call me that." I hiss over my shoulder just before Loki's fingers curl around my wrist, spinning my around until he's stood between me and the doors. A small involuntary growl tears from my throat as I glare up at him, the lights around us flickering as a vase falls off the table.

Loki's eyes soften as he frowns slightly, his hand reaching for my cheek as his cool skin collides with mine. "You used to love me calling you that."

"Yeah well things change. People do too." I grunt, pulling his hand away from my face and pushing his body away from mine. The velour of his jacket is soft under my skin as I shake my head slowly, Lokis hands grabbing my elbows and stopping me from moving.

"Please Abi." Loki whispers, using his finger to lift my chin up and forcing me to look him in the eyes. Slowly, his hand reaches for mine as he laced his fingers with my own whilst his other grabs my hip, pulling me closer to him. "I want the love of my life back."

My chest rises and falls rapidly. My head spins and every muscle in my body tightens. Shaking my head and closing my eyes, I curl my hand by my side into a fist before hitting Loki hard in the jaw, my ring cutting his cheekbone as he stumbles backwards in shock, his hands leaving my body.

"Okay," he whispers, his nose wrinkling as he stand us, smirking brightly at me and chuckling lightly. "I deserved that." he admits, gently pressing his fingertip to his cheekbone and grimacing slightly. A small chuckle escapes from his lips as my chest tightens. How can he fins this amusing? Stepping forwards, I raise my hand and slap him hard on the same side of his face, a small red mark forming in his cheek bone. "I don't think I deserved that one though." Loki mumbles.

"I can't believe you Loki." Tears begin pricking at the edge of my eyes, my chin trembling g slightly and my chest aching. Seeing him, standing there all smug and happy, it makes my blood boil. How can he be so happy after everything he put me through? "you broke my heart. You left me when I needed you most and then didn't even bother to tell me you were okay." My voice grows louder until I'm shouting in Loki's face, my finger jabbing him hard in the chest as I step closer to him. "I thought you were dead Loki! I mourned you." Stepping backward, I take a deep breath and close my eyes, rubbing my hands through my hair and tucking it behind my ear. "I've moved on Loki." I whisper calmly.

Loki's head shoots up, hair eyes narrow and brows furrowed as he stares blankly at me. "With the wizard?" he asks, his devilish grin returning to his face as panic invades my body, my chest tightening as my oxygen supply seems to weaken. My eyes flicker briefly to the door that leads to Stephens room, relief washing over my when I see it's closed. "I see." Loki mumbles, stepping closer to me again. Before I can do anything, Loki's hands cup my face and his cold lips crash's against mine. Taken aback, I stumble backwards slightly as Loki's hands find their way behind my head, tangling in my hair and forcing my head towards his. Pushing hard against Loki's chest, I try my hardest to fight him as one is his hand makes it's way down to my waist, fiddling with the belt on my dress,

"Loki stop." I mumble against his lips as he pulls my head closer to him. His lips break free from mine, traveling down my neck and towards my collar bone as tears begin streaming down my face. In the distance, I hear footsteps growing closer, two voices coming to a sudden halt behind us.

"Abi?" whispers one of them, their voice laced with confusion. A smirk forms on Loki's lips as he finally loosens his grip on me. Taking a deep breath in, I wipe at the tears in my cheeks and watch as mischief invades Loki's vision. No. What's he done? Pushing him to the side, my heart stops as my eyes land upon Stephen and Sam. Stephen blinks a few times, swallowing hard before he turns of his heel, pushing open the door which leads outside.

"I promise you, this isn't what it looks like." I assure the two of them, my body frozen in place as I feel Loki's cold breath on my back. My muscles tense as I swallow hard, not daring to move at all with him so close.

"I don't even want to know." Sam mumbles, his eyes flickering between Loki and me. As his eyes land upon me, they narrow, his brows furrowing as he notices the tear stains on my face. "Or do I?" Sam asks, his hands forming fists at his side as he turns his gaze back to Loki who's just smirking.

"W-Where's Stephen going?" I mumble, my voice shaking and breaking as my eyes remain fixed upon Stephens figure.

"He's leaving Abi." Sam sighs, his eyes softening as my heart stops, my body denying me oxygen. Blinking a few times, I take a deep breath before beginning to run after him only to few a strong hand grip my wrist firmly. Turning around, I look up to see Loki narrow his eyes at me, shaking his head firmly as his tight grip burns my wrist.

"Let go Loki." I hiss, pulling on my hand and fighting against him, a sudden burst of courage overtaking me. As I stand, fighting against Loki, my eyes remains fixed upon Stephen as his figure is engulfed by the darkness outside. "Loki!" I screech, hitting his hard in the chest as a burst of power blasts from me and sends him stumbling backwards. Taking a deep breath, I begin to sprint after Stephen, praying that I'll catch him.