Chapter 21

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I sit down on the edge of my bed, still replaying in my head what happened just a few minutes ago.

I hate him, I hate him so much.

How could I have been such an idiot to think he actually liked me? I should have seen right through him. His past cannot excuse his lies and his tricks, I am a person, I have feelings and I think I deserve respect.

I lean back until my back is fully on the mattress. I know this shouldn't hurt me, after all he means nothing fo me. I can get over a silly attraction.

Frigga must be wrong, there is no kind of connection or feelings between us, Loki's just tricking me into thinking he somehow had feelings for me.

There's a knock on my door, I don't want to open it, I don't want to talk to anyone, but I'm supposed to be working and as a (fake) Valkyrie I can't take anger as an excuse for not being responsible.

"Who is it?" I call out, standing up from my bed and sitting at the desk I was provided with and looking over a few books I took from the library to pretend that at least I'm doing something productive instead of sulking on a corner, mentally choking Loki for being a jerk.

"It's me, Thor." He says and I sigh, a little relieved that it's not Loki, other guards, Odin, Frigga or anyone else that I would rather not see at the moment.

"Come in!"

The door opens and Thor comes in, I frown on his face as he closes the door and walks over to me. "Hey, um, the guards told me you stormed off Loki's room this morning and you didn't go eat breakfast and you ignored the other guards who saluted you. They are a little worried about you, are you alright?"

That made me feel a little warm. Though people here seem intimidated by me I never thought they would care for me at all. Assuming I'm a "Valkyrie" I should be able to take good care of myself.

I sigh, leaning back in my wooden chair, and looking away from him to the floor, "I don't know how to answer that question, Thor. I'm upset but I know I shouldn't be."

"What's making you upset?" He asks and I grimace with embarrassment. "You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable doing so, but remember I'm here for you."

I look up at him, strumming my fingers nervously against the arm of my chair. "Thanks, Thor, but I think it's better to talk about it even if it's, well... embarrassing."

"Alright, I'm all ears then." Thor shoots me a sweet smile, which makes me smile back a little. I take a deep breath and tell him the truth. "It's about Loki... yesterday he kinda confessed to me after we basically kissed. I honestly thought he was being truthful because I... I trust him. He asked me to think about it, even Frigga asked me not to hurt him... I literally didn't sleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about him and everything. I decided to give him a chance and give myself a chance too. I thought that maybe, despite my bad experiences and his past and our differences, we could make it work, somehow."