Chapter 37: To train

I opened my eyes, and I was still in that horrible room. I had to get out. I had managed to calm down and had asked to call Max.

I had also agreed to take some soup. I swallowed the sour drink as Rosy watched me with a slight smile. Sighing, I filled the spoon again and brought it to my mouth.

"How is it?" the girl asked.

"Tasteless," I barely muttered.

She nodded, keeping her smile. Rosy could be calm because nothing could have happened to Acrux. According to what I heard, they had gone on with the search for their past. Perhaps they had returned to their cities and to meet their life again—life that humans took away.

"How long...?" I asked in a weak voice.

"You only have been here almost four days, patience," she replied.

Wow, I thought it was longer. With the excruciating pain I had, every second was eternal. I remembered that I even had my period, bringing me a new sadness caused by the thought that not even correctly taking the pill had left me something of him, like a baby. No, nothing. What a rare reason to get sad. 

I took another sip of the soup. Marcus entered the room and smiled.

"Very good," he said. "Max is on his way."

I nodded. I finished the horrible soup with a great effort of will. After half hour, perhaps, Max appeared in the doorway. I could see that he had been shocked by my state. I shrugged slowly, trying to excuse myself. He cleared his throat and came to sit in the chair next to me.

"So... this is you," he said.

"I want to get out of here." My voice was still weak and pathetic.

I couldn't blame myself; I was broken in every sense of the word.

"But I cannot do anything..."

"I know. I don't care... I want you to teach me to defend myself, to shoot... So that I can go..."

He frowned.

"You're crazy. They won't let you go... Go where?"

"I'm just leaving. That doesn't interest you."

"Forget it..."

I got out of bed suddenly, scaring him again, and grabbed onto his shirt without giving him time to bolt.

"Do it, please do it! I must go. I must find him!"

He held my hands in horror.

"You know he is no longer..."

"No, he is not dead!" I sobbed. "I don't accept it!" I tried to calm down. "I must go for him, even if he is... I want to see his last whereabouts, anyway. Please..."

I couldn't take it anymore, and I let go of him, falling, sitting on the mattress again, crying, and shaking my head. It was breaking the few pieces of my heart I thought I had already rebuilt somehow.

Obviously, I would not tell him that I planned to avenge Sirius in some way. Just wanting to see his last whereabouts was a slightly more reasonable idea.

"God... calm down," he murmured; I could hear the panic in his voice.

He patted me on the shoulder a couple of times, and after hesitating for a second, he hugged me. I felt the blow of my body's rejection. Not again, another scent, another body. It was unbearable. I pulled away from him and hugged my knees, sighing.

"Okay, enough... I'll teach you... but I disagree with your suicide mission."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself, and nodded.