Chapter forty three

It had been just over a day and yet the masters still wouldn't let me leave the medical wing. They wanted to run checks and ensure I was completely medically clear before realising me. It was so dull, just sitting there staring out the window, wondering where my fiancé was. Of course Leia visited whenever she could and kept my spirits up with puzzles and crafts from her shop. Still I wished I could leave and at least find a quieter place to mediate and rekindle my connection to the force.

I sighed in the quiet before hearing a gentle knock at my door. Looking round I watched as the panel slid open and the ever gentle face of Padmè peered in with a sweet smile.

"Padmè, it's so good to see you again." I greeted with a warm smile of my own as I shifted round on the bed to face her, watching as she walked in and slid the door shut behind her. She walked over and sat in the chair beside me placing her hands in her lap.

"Well, I wasn't about to leave my best friend in the hospital bed all alone," She replied kindly as her smile brightened more. "How are you holding up? The council tried to stop me seeing you but I pulled some strings, still they told me nothing of what happened...was it Dooku again?" She asked with a concerned almost apologetic expression across her soft features. I could tell she was trying to be delicate after what happened last time, I imagine Anakin told her it was Dooku who led to my last hospitalisation.

"No not this time, this was Ventress, but it's not as bad as it seems, the council are just being paranoid," I replied with a half smile almost trying to comfort her in response as I shifted further round and crossed my legs. "Honestly though, I'm very glad to have you here...it's been so dull, did you know the council don't allow holo news in the temple? All I've had is a few books to read here and there." I sighed with a small eye roll at the irritating situation. The senator chuckled a little with a sweet smile and light shake of her head.

"Well, I'm certainly glad I could brighten your day...and between the pair of us I'll see if I can sneak a hook pad or something to watch the news on, though I'd recommend you find something more lighthearted...the war's taking up much of the reports right now, oh I'll bring you a good book to! A nice romance I think would bring fitting." She responded switching from a awkward concerned expression to a bright one fairly quickly with a clap of her hands on mentioning the book, giving me a little suggestive wink. Having her know about me and Anakin was possibly one of the best decisions ever, the woman was so kind and supportive. Skill I couldn't help but blush at what she was implying..,I'm almost certain if I read a romance I'd start picturing Anakin as some handsome Prince-which was probably her intention all along. Then again in my eyes he already was that.

"Thank you Padmè I'd love that, even if I do end up going back to the front the entertainment would be greatly appreciated, especially with the padawans." I chuckled thinking how perhaps across to news and other sorts of shows may by me and Anakin the alone time on missions we longed to have.

"Padawans? Oh my gosh are you and Ani masters?! (Y/n) that's wonderful! Who are they? What are they like?" Padmè
Asked excitedly while sitting forward as she eagerly questioned me about the girls. I chuckled a little at her enthusiasm and went to answer, though before I could the door opened again. I looked round but found myself immediately smoothed in a bundled hug.

"Master!" The two girls chimed in unison with excited auras as I just laughed and hugged them back. My eyes tracked across the two girls before leading back to the door where Anakin was stood with a warm smile and eyes that simply said 'I missed you.'

"Whoa whoa, can't breath you to." I chuckled as squeezed a little to hard, though mostly I just wanted to adjust my position since in the surprise my leg had folded in and uncomfortable manner. The two girls quickly apologised and moved back to give me some space again while Anakin closed the door and walked over.