Chapter 28

MATTS POV

She hung up on me. Something is definitely wrong.

I immediately get off the couch and leave my house. She hasn't talked to me all day and I didn't even get to talk to her for 10 seconds on the call before she hung up on me.

I knock on her door and wait a few seconds. I hear footsteps and then I hear those footsteps walk away. A few seconds later I hear more footsteps and Bella's mom opens the door.

"Bella isn't feeling well." If her mom wasn't there I would be up those stairs and with her right now.

"Can I just talk to her for one second? Please." I beg and she looks up the stairs.

She ponders over it before she opens the door for me to come on. I smile at her and quietly walk up the stairs. I knock on her door and she opens it slowly.

"I knew she would do that." She sighs.

"What's happening? If I did something wrong please tell me."

"No you haven't done anything wrong I was just having a bad day." She says opening a book.

"And you decided to ignore me all day? You couldn't even tell me what was going on?" I say. "I was so worried about you and you didn't even bother to text me?"

"I'm sorry. I know I should have, but I just didn't feel like talking to anyone." She admits.

"You couldn't of just sent one text?" I should probably stop. "Never mind don't answer that. I'm sorry I should have respected what you wanted to do."

She closes her book and looks at me.

"You're right I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you. It's just being on my phone was the last thing on my mind." She responds.

"No really it's fine. I'm gonna go now anyways so you can just text me whenever you feel like it." Before she has a chance to say anything I walk out the door.

Am I overreacting a little bit? Yes. But she at least could've just like left a sign on the door saying she was not feeling well. I care about her a lot and I want to be there for when shes going through this type of stuff but I can't do that if I don't even know it's happening.

"Matt? What's up?" Devin looks at me from his car.

"Did Bella text you today?"

"Nope I figured she just wasn't feeling her phone today." He responds.

"She didn't text me the whole day so I got worried and went over and then her mom says she isn't feeling well. I wanted to be there for her when she's not feeling well but how can I do that if she doesn't even tell me?" I respond deflating onto my front porch step.

Devin gets out of his car and sits down beside me.

"If she wanted to, she would have told you. You gotta respect that mate."

I look at him and sigh. "I know."

"Why don't we go out and grab something to eat?" He suggests.

"Like what?"

Devin shrugs his shoulders.

"What do you feel like eating?" He asks me getting up.

"I don't really feel like eating anything. I think that I'm in a fight with Bella and I'm not used to it. I just wanna eat ice cream." He laughs at me.

"Right then let's make a trip to the grocery store."

I state at him for a few seconds then at Bella's house. "I think I should go back and talk to her."

"No! Look she wanted the time alone, you gotta leave her alone."

"I just wanna check and see if she's okay again." He glares at me.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Fine. Let's go get ice cream."

I walk to his car and hop in the drivers seat.

"Um excuse me?" He looks at me and then to the passenger seat.

"Hurry up and get in."

After the trip to the grocery store me and Liz watch some tv with the cookie dough ice cream I bought. I miss her. It's been 1 day and I just want to hold her in my arms but she doesn't even want to talk to me. Did I do something wrong? Does she not like me anymore? I don't understand anything. The doorbell rings and Liz goes to get it.

"Matt?" I get up immediately and walk towards Bella.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and Liz quickly heads up to her room.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry. And also ask you if you wanted to watch a movie with me."

"Okay." I respond going back to the couch.

"Okay?" She says.

"Yup come on over here." I open up my arm and she snuggles into it and pure joy just rolls over me.

"You know I missed you. I just didn't want to bug you with my problems." She taps on Jurassic park for the movie.

"You don't have to worry about that. I want to be there for you whenever you need me. I just over reacted a little because you didn't tell me what was going on."

"I'm sorry." She plants a little kiss on my neck and I practically melt.

"Don't be. It's okay." I rely smiling at her.

A/N: so...IM SORRY! I know it's been so long but I've been so busy and writing this chapter to a little longer than expected.