The Holy Knights

(A/N: Went ahead and added a fight scene to the beginning of chapter to set up future events. As always, enjoy the chapter and praise the sun!)

Walking along the dark streets of Kuoh strolled a damp Kiba, his shirt covered with the midnight rain as he trailed aimlessly, sword in hand and the intention to destroy the holy pieces that caused him great strife running rampantly in his mind.

It's been days since he last made contact with anyone from the club, even going as far as to move out from the residence Rias quartered him in when he first arrived here. He's already set his mind on it and nothing was going to stop him

Not to far from the apartment complex Y/N was delivering pizza to, Kiba stood under the rain with his blade pointed at a messy figure standing just meters away from him, "Finally...I've found you."

The odd figure stepped into the light and revealed himself to be Freed Sellzen, the stray exorcist that tried to hurt Asia before she turned into a Devil, "Now what's a handsome boy like yourself doing here?"

"Destroying trash like you," Was Kiba's final response before engaging the stray exorcist. 

The two met each other in a clinch, Kiba fighting with every ounce of his resolve burning bright while Freed simply fought with disturbing intents, "That pretty face of yours looks pretty lost! Come! Let Excalibur rectify that for you!"

"Shut your hole!" Kiba pushed through, winning the pull before slashing at Freed. He just missed the crazed exorcist who shot the blonde a perverted look, "That's a dirty mouth for such a pretty face!"

"Holy Eraser!" The Devil yelled at full volume, black vines protruding from his sword as they latched onto Freed's blade. To his misfortune, Freed dispelled the magic by setting his sword on fire. 

"That won't work! Sorry, pal!" Freed cackled, pulling at his eye and sticking his tongue out at the same time, mocking the blonde. Kiba looked far from moody and remained still with that stoic expression face of his. 

"I had to check if that sword was the real deal," Kiba muttered, adopting a fighting stance, "Now I won't hesitate to break you and that damn blade!"

Advancing towards him, Kiba refused to give Freed space as he closed that in an instant, swinging his sword at him with a burning drive to dismember. Freed quickly matched Kiba's speed and spent the majority of the bout evading the blonde's attacks, "Goodness!"

Kiba's momentum was cut short when Freed landed a slash which came in the form of a large wound on Kiba's arm, forcing him back so he could support the stinging limb, "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you!"

"This sword was made for killing you Devil shits!" Freed menacingly crowed, sitting Excalibur up on his shoulder as he kneeled down to scorn the blonde, "Capiche, bitch?"

"I know...as if I'd forget about that!" Kiba roared, taking Freed by surprise by swooping his legs from under him. Kiba had every intention of following up with an overhead strike but stopped when his arm prohibited itself from moving any further, "The hell?"

"Blackout Arrow."

Suddenly, Kiba fell slump alongside Freed, the latter looking to see if the blonde really was out before turning to the source of his adversary's slumber, "I had it all under control. I didn't need your help."