Chapter 19

In which there's no turning back.

Chapter 19

It was quite nice, actually, being pressed up against Harry's door while he ravished me with kisses. Jumpers were hung on hooks on the back of the door, which provided a cushy place for my head while he worked his magic.

Not to mention that Harry wasn't exactly a dreadful snogger. Now that we weren't holding back, our kisses were open mouthed and searing hot. We were rushed and rough with one another, as if we only had fifteen minutes and not an entire night.

My greatest desire in those moments was to run my hands along his chest, to feel his body, to see if his heartbeat was as accelerated as mine. But with both of his arms down and his hands glued to my sides, Harry made that impossible, and I was forced to keep my arms linked around his neck, fingers raking and fisting and tugging on his hair. He didn't seem to mind – in fact, from the guttural sound he made when I yanked him by his hair from my collarbone back up to my lips, I learned that he rather enjoyed it. As much as I wanted to feel him, I had to admit that I enjoyed him feeling me. His fingers ran up and down my sides, tracing lines on my back, squeezing my thighs, inching up my dress, cupping my bum.

And then there was loud rapping on the door right behind my head, startling me to such a degree that I nearly screamed into Harry's mouth.

"Harry? Are you in there?"

It was Niall. The knob began to turn beside me. I promptly got out of the way, flattening myself against the wall behind the door as it opened. Harry ran the palm of his hand over his lips and attempted to smooth his hair before placing both hands on his hips.

"Hey," he said as casually as possible to Niall. "What's happening?"

"Everyone's gone to the club. You coming?"

"Nnnn... I don't think so," Harry answered. "Rather just hang around here."

I wasn't exactly sure why I was hiding other than to avoid Niall's teasing, but it was extremely taxing to regulate my breathing behind that door. I was panting as if I'd just run a marathon.

"Really? It's New Year's."

"Don't really feel like it. Anyway, everyone's left?"

"Yeah," Niall answered. He waited for a beat before asking, "What were you doing in here?"

"Just changing." I had to hand it to Harry – he was a quick thinker.

Even from behind a door, I could imagine Niall's suspicious frown. "Where's Fitz?"

"Dunno. Ahead with the others, probably."

"You sure about that?"

"Mm hmm. You should catch up."

There was shuffling, and Harry faded from my sight as he most likely attempted to usher Niall from the room.

"And you really don't want to come?" Niall was asking, his voice growing distant as Harry walked with him down the hallway.

"No. Fuck, it's a disaster out here. No."

I smiled to myself at Harry's classic neuroticism, distracted by the mess in the common area.

"All right then. Have a good night, I guess."

"You too."

"Have a really good night."

A pause occurred. "Okay," Harry answered somewhat awkwardly.

And then Niall's voice rang out: "Fitz! Wherever you're hiding, you have a good night, too!"