Whiplash

{Chapter Sixteen}

Abby sat in the car as Happy parked up outside the Hotel de Paris as people cheered

Abby sat in the car as Happy parked up outside the Hotel de Paris as people cheered. Abby glanced out of the window to see a crowd stood waiting for them to get out of the car. Tony glanced down at his daughter as she watched the crowd outside.

"You coming, munchkin?" He asked her softly earning a short nod in return, "Just smile and don't answer any questions, okay?"

Tony clambered out of the car holding the door open for his daughter to climb out too. The father wrapped his arm around his daughter's shoulders and lead her into the hotel Pepper following closely behind them.

"You know, it's Europe. Whatever happens in the next twenty minutes, just go with it." Tony spoke as Pepper caught up with the father-daughter duo.

"Go with what?" Pepper asked looking at the man.

Abby frowned when she saw the redhead notary that had been at the mansion was approaching them.

"Mister Stark?" Natalie smiled politely, "How was your flight?"

"It was excellent. Boy, it's good to see you." Tony smirked.

"We have one photographer from the ACM if you don't mind," Natalie said as Pepper turned to face Tony.

"When did this happen?" The woman asked him.

"What? You made me do it." Tony shrugged.

"I made you do what?" Pepper raised her eyebrows at him.

"You quit. Smile." Tony instructed both Abby and Pepper.

The young girl still had a frown on her face. She didn't know how she felt about Natalie yet. Abby never liked meeting new people, especially women her father flirted with. Sure, he flirted with Pepper, but she had raised Abby for the past three years. After her mother died, Pepper had taken the role of the maternal figure.

Abby followed closely beside her father and Pepper as they moved through the room greeting people. She had never been good at the social aspect of her life as a Stark.

"Mister Musk. How are you?" Pepper asked approaching a man Abby did not recognize.

"Hi, Pepper." The man smiled, "Congratulations on the promotion."

"Thank you."

"Elon, how's it going? Those Merlin engines are fantastic." Tony spoke from beside his daughter who immediately seemed to gravitate towards him.

"Thank you. Yeah, I've got an idea for an electric jet." The man replied only to be brushed off by Tony.

"You do. We'll make it work." Tony turned to Pepper, "You want a massage?"

"Oh, God," Pepper sighed, "No I don't want a massage."

"Don't want you tense," Tony spoke over Pepper as she refused a massage