1

[Edited]
The sun had finally gone down, Nexus watched the glow disappear from behind the thick black curtains of her bedroom window.
She could finally get to work, rising from bed, she had dressed hours ago while she waited, wearing her night patrol uniform, she slipped her silver blades into their sheaths and donned her finger -less gloves.

The empty house creaked as she moved down the pitch black halls. Nexus lived alone in a one bedroom one bathroom cabin deep in the thickly dense forest of the Capricorn territory.

Capricorn Alpha has a handful of omegas build her this house years ago when she first joined the pack. Giving her also her own unit for patrol.

Nexus made herself a peanut butter sandwich in an equally dark kitchen, the only light coming from when she had opened the well stocked fridge.

She heard them before they knocked, dusting her hands of crumbs, Nexus made her way to her heavy wooden door, pulling it open and greeted with the stoic face of Sirius, her second.

Sirius could only see one pale violet eye in the black abyss as the door opened, until Nexus stepped out the threshold.

His eyes did a quick scan of his captains body, to ensure she wasn't injured.

Long silver hair laid in a rope plait draped over one shoulder, from neck to wrist not a single scratch marred the skintight black combat bodysuit of her uniform. Her long toned legs wrapped in the same material were unmarried aswell.
Black flat boots , tied and clean rested at her feet.
Dainty hands hid beneath black gloves, while his eyes caught faint hints of silver here and there from the many sheaths the blades hid in on her body.

With a single nod of approval, Nexus took a step foward as Sirius spun around and both stalked off into the shadowy forest.

Only a few miles from her home, sat the northern boarder of Capricorn land, there she was met with the rest of her unit. 6 men and 2 woman all wearing the same uniform as herself and Sirius.

Nexus cast a side glance at Sirius, an indication for him to start assigning objectives.

" Night Patrol unit," His gruff voice filled the night air.

Nexus studied her wolves as Sirius spoke.

Cara stood closet to her, the tall lithe woman with short black hair was stiff in posture, feeling her leaders calculated gaze.

Nexus moved her eye to Daniel the wolf next to Cara, he stood feet braced and arms folded taking in every word Sirius spoke.
Farthest from her , in a group stood Nick, Brutis, Sythe, and Reign .
Nexus watched them as they stood at attention.
Leaning against a tree stood Jade with Haven right next to her, as soon as her eyes landed on Jade, Haven looked at her.

Those two were her favorite, siblings she had found as rouge pups, Haven had taken a chunk out of Nexus to protect Jade. That was until she had put the pup in his place and showed them despite her rough appearance she meant them no harm.

That had been almost 16 years ago now. And yet she remembered it like it was only yesterday.

" Captain, we will leave the rouge pack to the north to you," Sirius spoke, facing her as he did.

A blunt nod and the group dispersed , Jade and Haven shooting themselves up into the thicket of trees. While the rest of her unit either went behind trees to phase or simply taking off in human form in their respective directions.
Sirius remained at her side, he was to guard this portion of the northern boarder, he was also Nexus's backup if the rouges decided to run towards the Capricorn pack lands.

" I won't be long," Nexus brushed her braid from her shoulder.

" I'll be here," Sirius's lip tilted up in his attempt at a smile.

" Yeah yeah," She blandly spoke before she took a step and flew foward from the force she put into it. One moment she had been standing next to her hulking friend, the next she was a blur between trees.

Only a handful of minutes she had sprinted before she could hear the voices of rouges chatting about their day. The scent of burnt wood mixed with blood and beer filled her nose, her eyes could see them through the trees.

It was a relatively large group of rouges all huddled around two fire pits. To the human eyes they looked like a bunch of guys camping in the woods, with their tents set up and jovial attitudes.

But only a wolf could hear the muffled cries happening inside one of those tents.

Nexus could practically taste the salt from the tears she smelt covering the face of a muffled crying girl.

These were no men camping. These were rouges.

A nasty growl started deep in her throat. Silence followed , as the men ceased their laughs and joy making.
In their silence Nexus could clearly hear now the sounds of hushed grunts and moving fabrics.

" Who's there!" One of the men growled into the night.

Nexus said nothing, she began to slowly circle the groups camp.

Watching as each man got to their feet and wild eyed the dark trees around them.

A glimmer of silver, one man dropped to his knees, falling on his face.

The others were shocked still, as the man closest to the body kicked him to roll over. Lodged in his skull a small silver dagger.
A mighty roar erupted from the rouge men, some began to phase .
In a flurry of silver Nexus threw her knives at those who were shifting.
As quickly as it happened , 12 men laid dead in the dirt , silver blades gleaming in the firelight.

Nexus emerged from the shadows, the last man left on his knees, choking on his own blood, watched wide eyed as the black clad woman walked up to him.
" Filth.", the last word he heard before she grasped his head in both hands and pulled.
With little effort she had tore his head right off, taking his spine with it.

In the commotion, the men in the tent, had stopped their assault and now emerged from their confines only to be greeted with the horrific sight before them.

" You bitch!" One rages and he charged her.

Smoothly like a dancer she spun and side stepped the man, dropping the severed head .
He came at her again, this time the second man also charged her. With a flip she acended into the air and over the two men. Before unsheathing two more blades.
They sailed through the hair before imbedding into the eyes of one man. While the other barely had time to blink at his friend, Nexus was right infront of him.

The man gasped , snarled, then died. Eyes glazed over as Nexus pulled her hand from his chest cavity, heart in palm.

Taking a step back, the body dropped, and Nexus took a bite of of the heart in her hand before it too landed in the dirt.

She could hear the faint whimpers of the abused woman in the tent, as she collected her blades.

Disappearing back into the trees, she heard the tent zipper go down, she felt the woman's heart stutter.
The deep inhale of breath , before the scream.
Nexus flew forward and back to Sirius, a blur in the trees as a bloody scream filled the forest.

************************************************************

Nexus's uniform !