2

[Edited]
Sirius stood to attention when his amber eyes caught sight of silver slipping through trees, Nexus stepped into the moonlight , he immediately noticed the blood splatters across her clothes as well as the blood dripping from her lips and hand.

" Had fun?," He asked with a small smile.

Nexus gave him a blank stare. He knew she didn't take pleasure in killing anyone, but she could never seem to stop herself either.
Wiping the remaining blood from her face , she brushed past Sirius.
He followed his captain into the trees, both moving at incomprehensible speeds.

The hours dragged on, nothing eventful happening. As when it came time to call in day patrol, a mere hour before sunrise . Nexus once again met with her unit as they gave her their full nightly report.

" Dismissed," she hushed, after the final report was verbally given.

Sirius stood vigilant at her side as each ghost like member seemed to once again disappear into the thicket.

Silently she walked at a leisurely pace back towards her cave-like home, Sirius beside her.

Sometime during their walk, Nexus has started humming , an old song she couldn't remember from where. Sirius let out a soft sigh , hearing his friend hum always made him feel at ease.
She didn't do it often , only when she was calm, and he liked it.

At her door once more, the sky a fast lightning purple haze, he bowed his head and bared his neck. The formal good bye to his superior, before he left her.

Closing the heavy wooden door behind her, Nexus's eye adjusted to the pitch black of her home.

Silently she walked into the kitchen to retrieve a banana from her counter, peeling it and eating as she went.
Down the hall and into her equally blackened bathroom where she finished her snack and stripped from her uniform, turning on the shower and stepping into the lukewarm water.
She hummed as she lathered herself in soap, he mind drifted far away as the water washed away suds.

If she closed her eye she knew, she would see empty fields of wildflowers being consumed by flames and smoke.

The thought although not visually pleasant for some, brought her peace.

Emerging from her shower, wrapped in grey towels, Nexus sat upon her bed , through the curtains she could faintly see the morning suns glow.
There had been a time when she too could be outside enjoying its warmth, but that was a long long time ago.

Now she was kept to the shadows, to the night. And this didn't bother her at all, in fact Nexus preferred the night. For she was a hunter, a predator , and predators favored the night.

Even though she was so far from the pack center, her ears still picked up the faintest sounds of children waking and wolves preparing for their day.

Laying back on her bed, still wrapped in her towels, Nexus closed her eyes and relaxed into the mattress.

Before long soft breaths escaped her chest as sleep took her.

The morning sun shone down on hard planes of muscle, white curtains did little to shield the blinding rays.
Dragging a hand down his face Ares, made a sound like a groan in the back of his throat.

White sheets carelessly tossed across his naked abdomen, a slender pale arm wrapped around his waist, had him looking at its owner.

A mass of red hair , face down laid next to him.

With a gruff, he threw her arm along side the sheet off him and rose from the bed.
The redhead made no move at the disturbance.

Alpha - Beta Conan's voice filled his head .