chapter 53

~5 Years Later~

Lets see here, to explain what happened in the 5 years that went past, I... Cried myself to sleep every night, thought about Bucky every day and my routine was eat, train, practice my Infinity Stone powers, sleep and repeat. This was worse than I ever imagined. Everyday, for 5 years, I waited for one person. Scott. As soon as I heard anything about him I would finally be happy knowing that everyone will come back soon. I will finally get to see Bucky again. Uh, dad had Morgan, and she is amazing. I love her and that sums it up. Are you up to speed? Good. Now, let me continue.

Me and Nat were having a meeting with Nebula, Rocket, Okoye, Carol and Rhodey. Nat was making a peanut butter sandwich.

"Yeah. We boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged" Rocket said 'highly-suspect' sarcastically.

"It was an infectious garbage scow" Nebula said, looking at Carol.

"So, thanks for the hot tip" Rocket said.

"Well, you were closer" she said in her defense.

"Yeah. And now we smell like garbage" Rocket said.

"You get a reading on those tremors?" Nat asked Okoye.

"'Twas a mild subduction under the African plate"

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" Nat asked.

"Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it"

"Carol, are we seeing you here next month?" Nat asked.

"Not likely"

"What? You gonna get another hair cut?" Rocket asked.

"Listen, fur face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on earth are happening everywhere. On thousands of planets" Carol said and I looked at the floor.

"Alright, alright. That's a good point. That's a good point" Rocket says.

"So, you might not see me for a very long time" Carol continued.

"Alright. Uh, well... This channel's always active. So, if anything goes sideways... Anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't... Comes through me or Y/N" Nat says and gestures to me. I look up and smile sadly.

"Okay" Okoye says.

"Alright" Nat says and nods her head. Everyone begins to leave one by one.

"Good luck" Carol says to Rhodey before she leaves. Nat sits down and I put a hand on her shoulder in comfort. She looks up and sees Rhodey still there.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"Mexico. The Federales found a room filled with bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys... Never even had a chance to get their guns off"

"It's probably a rival gang" Nat says and put a foot on the desk.

"Except it isn't. It's definitely Barton. What he's done here... What he's been doing for the last few years... I mean the scene that he left... I gotta tell you, there's a part of me that doesn't even want to find him" Rhodey says and Nat is looking down to either avoid eye contact or to avoid being seen on the verge of tears.

"Will you find out where he's going next" Nat asked, taking a bite of her sandwich and looking at Rhodey, nodding her head.

"Nat?" he asked.

"Please?" she said, tears almost dripping down.

"Rhodey, please?" I ask, almost crying as well.