Chapter 69

Sana closes the door and turns to find Sidharth standing behind her. He is still with a face devoid of any feelings or any expression. She comes closer and puts her palm on his cheek,"Bebu are you alright?" He shudders as if he woke up from a slumber. She repeats her question again but he stays quiet. She places her palm on his chest and kisses there,"Bebu say something please. I am getting scared. Are you alright?" Sidharth finally reacts,"No..I am not.. alright..Why life can't just go on smoothly? Why such things are happening with us?" Sana puts her head on his chest,"Dadi used to say, Rabba sanu bura halat vich pa ke, sadi uha imtihana lainda hai.(God puts us in bad situations to take exams for us.) Only good people come out worthy. Perhaps our love is being tested by God now. He is testing our trust." Sid wraps his arms around her tightly saying,"I really thought you believed her over me. I was numb the moment you asked me stay silent." Sana holding him tightly,"Pagal ho? Tumhe chod main uss kamini par vishwas karungi. Never. I trust you Bebu more than anyone in this world. You are my everything my love.. I love you."

"Hey Kenny! Muahh..", Sana gives air kisses to a guy in his early 30's . He is wearing a deep V-neck sleeveless shirt in maroon with matching crop pants and yellow shoes. "Hello my darling. So sweetiepie who is the bride, tell me. Wait who is this handsome hunk! Don't tell me please don't tell me he is your Hubs?", he says. Sana smiles and says, "Actually he is Kenny. Let me introduce you to all. This is the bride to be Jaanvi, that's my sister-in-law Shalini, you know my sister Rinky and he is my hubby Sidharth. And everyone, this is Kenny, my friend, my stylist." He greets everyone and starts chatting. They have all arrived at his place to decide the clothes for Jaanvi and Rohan's engagement. Sidharth was emotionally blackmailed by the girls gang and was forced to tag along with them.

Kenny made everyone try a few clothes to find out what will look best on them. Finally it was decided that the bride will wear a lehenga in bright pink to suit her personality. Rohan can match her with a bandhgala in off-white. Shini and Rinky were to wear anarkali suits in yellow and peach respectively, Sana would wear a net embroidered saree in pastel shade. Sidharth sits there at one corner getting bored and going through his phone when he hears, "Now for the handsome here, I think.. Hmm.. a simple white kurta and a Nehru jacket matching your saree.." Sid lifts his head and looks around, "You were talking about me?" "Ofcourse, who is the handsome here then? Why don't you try something? C'mon walk the runway here for us. Show us your moves, little ramp walk.", Kenny says. "Sana please not again! I didn't sign up for this. I am here as a driver, bodyguard, anything you girls can think of but no I am not trying clothes here and definitely not walking any ramp or vamp..." Kenny comes closer and ignoring his words, takes out a Kurta set and hands him over, "I can be a big vamp if things don't happen according to me. Try it!" Sidharth is left stunned as Kenny uses his hands to shoo him off to the trial room. That day inspite of little interest, Sidharth had to turn himself into a model and walk for Kenny in many of his designed clothes in the midst of whistleblowing and claps by the girls.

On the day of the engagement, Sana comes inside the room all dressed up by her team of stylists. She has tied her hair into a side bun, She wears long earrings, lots of bangles on her wrist and just her mangalsutra in her neck. Full makeup with full red lips and vermillion, she looks nothing less than a bride herself. Sidharth on the other hand wears a simple white kurta and a matching jacket. As she enters the room, she finds him trying the button up the jacket. She says, "What are you doing baby? We will be late. Main tayar ho gayi tumhara kab hoga?" Sidharth stops and stares at her reflection in the mirror. He comes closer and tries to kiss her but she pushes him away. "Hello! This is not the time for romance. Get ready. We need to leave now." He puts his hand on his chest and says,
"Kya main itna khush naseeb hun,
Jo janat se utri hui yeh pari meri hai.
Kis tarah tujhe yakeen karwaun
Jo khwaab main dekhun woh sirf teri hai.
Deewana toh pehle se tha,
Ab pagal aur bhi ban raha hun.
Sitamgarh mera kuch toh reham kar,
Inn dooriyon se main marr raha hun."