seventeen

"If they're going to call for backup, it will probably take them 20-30 minutes to arrive," Chaerin called out to Winwin who hummed a response, the sound of his mechanical keyboard click-clack echoing in the background.

"Chaerin can you take a look at this?" Ten said while studying the plan on his computer screen, "Tell me if you find any loopholes," He said before moving on to another task.

Everybody was preparing for a mission that was planned out for Thursday night. Thankfully the school was busy preparing for the festival so they barely had classes.

The people who were going on the mission were Renjun, Haechan, Jeno, and Mark who was leading the mission, with Xiaojun and Hendery as snipers.

Chaerin learned more about how the gang works and what kind of roles each person plays. Dream usually goes on missions, much to her worry.

"She's fitting quite well isn't she?" Taeyong commented observing the girl. The person beside him hummed in approval.

"I was confused at first with your decision," Doyoung admitted, "But now I'm beginning to understand." He shrugged.

Jaehyun arrived and stood beside Taeyong, joining in on the conversation.

"She bonds well with the dreamies,"

They just stood there and watched as the dreamies and Chaerin bickered back and forth, with mostly Renjun and Haechan.

"What are you twelve?" Renjun asked.

"On a scale from one to ten, yes!" Chaerin answered.

Renjun glared openly at her and Haechan laughed and did a high-five with Chaerin while the rest including the older members just laughed.

"Oh definitely." Taeyong smiled in agreement.

• • •

Chaerin stared at the screen of her laptop, her mind elsewhere. Mark entered the living room and saw her looking dazed.

"You good?" He asked, his forehead creasing.

She snapped out of her daze and looked back to Mark.

"Yeah, yeah, I just blanked out,"

"What's up? And don't say nothing because there's something," Mark tsked, moving to sit beside Chaerin on the sofa.

She scowled at him, knowing very well that she can't hide anything from Mark because he can read her very well.

She sighed and gave in, "I'm just worried, and I know you've done this before but I can't help it,"

"We'll be fine, it's a simple mission," He reassured her.

"Yeah, you aren't called the ace for no reason," she rolled her eyes.

"What? Where did you hear that?" Mark asked flabbergasted, a red tint making an appearance on his cheeks.

Chaerin snorted, "Chenle told me," Mark didn't know how to react and stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Ace huh?" Chaerin asked in a teasing tone, raising an eyebrow in his direction with a smile on her face.

Mark became redder by the second and quickly avoided eye contact.

"I- I I'm not, wait I am- wait,"

"You're so red!" Chaerin laughed reaching out to touch Mark's ears.

Mark flicked her hand which resulted in her laughing harder.

"Stop it," he groaned.

"Hmm okay, ace,"

He groaned in exasperation, glaring at Chaerin who tried her best to contain her laughter.

"You guys better come back without a scratch," she ordered, crossing her arms when she composed herself.

"At least make room for a cut or two!" He argued.

"Fine, fine," she waved her hands, "Don't make me worry and take care of the others,"

"I wouldn't want you to worry anyway," he rolled his eyes, leaning on the couch.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010