24

********************

I feel it coming

I feel it coming

********************

HARRY

I woke up about an hour ago, went and bought a coffee, and now I'm waiting for Bentley to wake up and come down so we can call Rumer and Zayn.

We had found out so much last night, but I didn't understand why exactly Steakhouse refused to spill any information on Victor. Luna's new goon, Oscar, had texted me that he had been the one to handle cleanup, and thankfully nobody suspected that I was there with anyone but myself.

Last night was something else... having Bentley there brought back the excitement, and when she took control I knew that I didn't even need to do anything. Watching her interrogate and fuck around with Steakhouse was so hot, and when he looked right into my eyes when she shot him the first time I swear my stomach dropped.

She was... something else, that's for sure.

Everything had happened so fast and so slow between us... it was hard to forget we weren't in competition but it was even harder to forget the way she felt. Every single fucking part of her, the way she looked at me was always intense, no matter how soft she was being. Her touch set me on fire and it was scary how badly I wanted her around.

I fucked my hand last night in the shower thinking of her and I hadn't done something like that since secondary school. I felt like a horny teenager all over again and I slept like a rock after I finished.

The heat is what woke me up though, seeing as my air conditioner broke since I left it on the lowest temperature overnight to soothe the heat of California. Even after I came back from my coffee and took a cold shower, I was on the edge of breaking a sweat, so I peeled off my shirt and stayed in my boxers.

I can hear Bentley's footsteps descending and I open the front door so she could just walk in. I had debated changing my locks but I was enjoying her break-ins, though I'd never admit that to her. I sit back on the couch, drinking what was left of my coffee when she walks in.

She was in slippers and her pajamas this time, a silky set of violet shorts and a matching top. Her hair feathered over her shoulders as she walked in.

"Morning Ben." I say.

"Why is it so damn hot in here?" She returns, sitting on the countertop. "Is that why you're not wearing pants? Or a shirt, for that manner?"

"Nothing you haven't seen before... My AC broke, I'll have to call a re-"

"I can fix it for you." She interrupts. "I'm a mechanic, remember? I'm pretty sure I can fix your AC."

"Come on, I'm calling Rumer."

I stand up slowly, making my way towards her and standing behind her, my arms holding onto the edges of the counter around her as she opens up her computer, calling Rumer through video call.

"What time is it over there?" I ask as the computer rings.

"It's 9 o'clock here so... about 8 o'clock at night." She tells me, subtlety leaning into me, forcing me to stand up straight so she could be comfortable with her back against me. I could smell the jasmine on her and I closed my eyes as I inhaled it. "Why isn't he answering?"

"Be patient Ben... he'll answer." I reassure her, leaning my head on her shoulder and opening my eyes to look at us through the camera as we wait for the call with Rumer to connect.