Chapter 11- No More Karate

Getting Miguel home was hard for Johnny. Between having to worry about Y/N running after Kyler and making sure Miguel was still breathing was a bit of a challenge. Once he was able to get both kids situated, he stepped on the gas and drove the three of them back to the apartments. Y/N sat silently in the passenger seat, staring out the window in a dazed state. Johnny glanced at her, a little worried. She wasn't usually this quiet.

"You alright kid?" He asked. "Huh? Oh, yeah. Fine." She answered distractedly. "Come on, tell me what's wrong." Johnny insisted. Y/N sighed. "Just seeing Miguel like that was, well it was scary. I'm just so worried and angry. I think I'm more angry than worried." She admitted. Johnny glanced at her again, seeing that fiery anger burning in her eyes again. She was definitely pissed.

As they pulled up to apartments, Miguel slowly started to become more conscious. As soon as Johnny put the car in park, he and Y/N quickly jumped out. When they opened the doors to the back, they found Miguel's eyes opened, staring at them in a dazed state. "Miguel?" Y/N asked softly. He let out a groan of pain in response. Johnny slowly picked up Miguel, with the help of Y/N and carried him bridal style to his apartment.

Y/N knocked on the door and was greeted by a smiling Carmen. The smile was short-lived, though, as Carmen's eyes landed on the hurt Miguel in Johnny's arms. "Miguel!" She screamed. Carmen ushered the two in and directed them to the couch. Johnny gently placed him down while Y/N gathered various things to help him. "I don't want you ever coming near my son again, do you understand me?" Carmen shouted. Johnny looked at her guiltily. His eyes locked with Y/N and she gave him a small sympathetic smile as if to say it was ok. She didn't blame him for what happened to Miguel. "I'm sorry, I should've never gotten involved." Johnny apologized, guiltily. As he was leaving, Miguel pushed himself up on the couch. "Cobra Kai never dies!" He shouted after Johnny, who was already gone.

Y/N was tempted to follow him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid, but her main focus was Miguel. Carmen helped with the wounds on his stomach while Y/N cleaned the face paint off of him. She placed a hand on his cheek as she wiped the makeup, making his eyes close in content with the feeling of her warm hand. He unconsciously leaned into her touch, taking in the caring feeling. Y/N removed her hand after she was done, making Miguel's eyes flutter open again. "Mi Hijo, you need rest. Go change out of the costume and get some rest." Carmen instructed. "Can Y/N stay? Please?" He asked. Carmen looked between the two and shrugged. "I don't see why not." She replied.

Carmen trusted Y/N. Plus Y/N was like a daughter to her anyway. "Ok well, I'll go grab some clothes.' She stated, heading towards the door. "Just borrow some of mine." Miguel insisted, grabbing her wrist and bringing her to his room. He handed her a hoodie and a pair of shorts to change into while he looked for his own pair of clothes to change into. Once he got dressed, he laid down in bed waiting for Y/N. She walked back into the room and Miguel swore right then and there he was going to melt.

She looked adorable in his clothes. Her face was devoid of the makeup she was wearing before and her hair was a bit messy. Miguel honestly thought she was better looking in a hoddie and shorts than in the costume. "So where am I sleeping?" She asked, looking around the room. "Next to me of course." He answered, patting the spot next to him. Y/N blushed a little before sliding under the blanket next to him. She let out a yawn and laid her head on his chest. "Goodnight Mig." She mumbled sleepily. "Goodnight Y/N." He mumbled back before he too drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Y/N slowly woke up, feeling something wrapped around her waist. She looked down to see Miguel's arm, tightly gripping her. She smiled and just stared at him. He was perfect. His eye slowly fluttered open and he turned his head, his brown eyes meeting Y/N's e/c ones. "How're you feeling?" Y/N asked, running a hand through his hair. "My ribs hurt a lot." He replied, groaning as he sat himself up. "Let's get changed and we'll ice your ribs."

Y/N helped Miguel get up from the bed and grabbed some clothes of his to change into. After the two changed (in separate rooms of course) they went into the living room and sat on the couch while Carmen grabbed some ice. "Here, hold this ice on your ribs," Carmen instructed, handing Miguel the bag. "Oh, thanks." He groaned. Carmen sat down on Miguel's left while Y/N took his right.

"Miggy, why don't you tell me who did this? I'll call the school. They can protect you." Carmen stated, staring at her son sadly. "It'll only make things worse, Mama," Miguel replied. "Worse than this?" She asked angrily.

"Yes. If I just had more lessons, then maybe I'll-"

"No!"

"It's not Sensei Lawerence's fault. I just... I just wasn't ready."

"No. No more karate."

Y/N sat there, awkwardly watching the argument. She could understand why Carmen was upset about karate, but at the same time, Miguel was right. It wasn't Johnny's fault. It was Kyler's. Miguel's grandma walked into the room and surveyed the scene. She walked over to Y/N and placed a kiss on her head before turning to Carmen. "Carmen, cual es el problema aqui. Encontro algo que le gusta hacer." (Carmen, what is the problem here? He found something he likes to do) She defended. "Thank you," Miguel replied gratefully. "Mira hin!" (Look at him!) Carmen shouted. "Lo veo! Lo que necesita es practica. Manten tu mano en alto, protege tu cabeza!" (I see him! What he needs is practice. Keep your hands up, protect your head!) She put her hands up in a fighting stance and bobbed her head around like she was moving out of the way of punches. Y/N let out a little giggle.

"Mama, este hombre es una mala influencia." (Mama, this man is a bad influence.) Carmen argued. "No, he's not you don't know him." Miguel defended, angrily. "I know he's a loser." She spat. "He is not a loser." Miguel retaliated. "I know it's not my place to say anything but Johnny actually is a good guy. He just has a lot of problems he needs to work out, but deep down I can tell he cares for Miguel and me," Y/N said, jumping into the conversation. Carmen looked between the two kids and sighed. "Y/N I can't stop you from doing karate, although I would feel more comfortable if you didn't but Miguel, no more karate. I don't want you to get hurt again. That's final." Carmen declared before leaving.

"Want to go to my place and we can watch a movie?" Y/N offered. Miguel nodded and the two made their way out of the apartment. As they were leaving, they saw Johnny walking out of his. "Hey, Sensei, my mom says I can't train with you anymore but I had this idea that maybe if we went to the dojo before-" Miguel started. "You don't get it, kid. There is no dojo." Johnny cut him off. "I'm closing it up. It's over."

"What about us? We need you." Miguel said, gesturing to him and Y/N. Johnny stared at the kids, a look of sadness and regret filling his face. "Sorry. I gotta go." Johnny said, turning around and walking away. Y/N wasn't letting him get away that easily. She ran after him and grabbed his arm, making him turn around. "I know Miguel can't train, but what about me? Miguel was right, we need you. I need you." Y/N stated.

Johhny ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Listen, Y/N, Miguel getting hurt was enough. I can't have you getting hurt too." He said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Y/N sighed. "I understand. Thank you for everything though." She said, smiling. All of a sudden, Johnny felt something around his waist and looked down to see Y/N hugging him. He hesitantly hugged her back, confused that she would actually want to hug him. The two let go of each other and Y/N gave him a soft smile before running back to Miguel, who was watching the whole thing.

"So what movie do you want to watch?" Y/N asked. "Ferris Bueller?" Miguel inquired. "Ferris Bueller it is!" Y/N replied happily. Miguel wrapped an arm around her shoulder while she wrapped one around his waist as they journeyed back to Y/N's apartment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N Ok at first I kind of hated how I wrote Johnny but now I like it. Like I've fallen more in love with him because of the way I've written him. Anyways thank you so much for 4K reads!! It means so much. My favorite part of writing is reading the comments and your guys' comments honestly make my day so thank you so much!!