𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

chapter twenty three !
( takes place during 1x22 'Journey to Regionals')

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

LUNA WAS NO STRANGER TO SLEEPING in Lia Abrams' bed. Seeing as the two girls had been friends since Luna was seven, and Lia was six, the girls had plenty of sleepovers over the years. Mostly when Luna was a lot younger, and before she started high school, and before she had started high school.

So as she lay in Lia's double bed, back-to-back with her best friend, she felt perfectly comfortable. Aside from the fact that it was almost four in the morning and she couldn't bring herself to fall asleep.

So many thoughts were running through Luna's head as she gazed at Luna's light purple walls. She kept thinking about her parents, if she could even call them that anymore, and how they were probably sleeping soundly in their bed right now, not giving the now-empty bedroom down the hall a second thought.

As much as Luna appreciated the Abrams' giving her somewhere to stay after the night's events, she couldn't help but long for her own bed, or see the comforting fairy lights that were wrapped around her bed posts so she would never have to fully sleep in the dark.

Lia knew of her best friend's disdain for the dark, so she had taken it upon herself to plug in one of her childhood nightlights in a socket near Luna's side of the bed. And Artie had even offered to use his Amazon Prime membership to get some quickly-delivered fairy lights for Luna to use the next night. But Luna had kindly declined her wheelchair-bound friend's offer with a tight hug to him.

Luna also missed her stuffed animals. She didn't have many, but the few she did own held such deep sentimental value for her. Her stuffed frog, a favourite of hers, was a birthday gift that was given to her from her grandparents in Italy, Antonio and Mariella, shortly before her grandfather's death. She had it in bed with her every night, especially lately, when her stress levels had been the highest they'd been in a while. And now she was finding it extremely hard to get to sleep without him.

She watched as Lia's digital alarm clock changed from 3:59 to 4:00AM, and let out a sigh as she counted another hour without sleep. The two girls were going to visit Quinn in the hospital in about four or five hours, and Luna knew she would have to get some sleep soon, otherwise she'd basically be a walking zombie. She could just blame her lack of sleep on the fact that she could hear Artie's loud snoring through the walls of the bedroom.