2.) Happiness After You

Taylor woke up to the sound of her phone alarm blaring next to her head. She groaned as her hand aimlessly searched for the device. Once she had it in her grasp, she turned the alarm off. She turned to her back and started to rub the sleep from her eyes. 

A loud meow came from beside the singer's head.

She quickly looked over to see Meredith sitting on the pillow beside her. "Okay, okay... I'll get up." She said with a small sigh before doing just that.

Taylor walked to the bathroom to take care of her morning routine before she headed downstairs to the kitchen. After filling the cats' bowls with food and water, she started on her own breakfast. Once she had food on her plate, and a mug of coffee, she headed into the living room to eat. That's when she noticed that she had left her phone in the bedroom. So, she went to get it.

Once she had grabbed her phone, she saw the handful of notifications on her screen, none of which really interested her other than the two from Ivy on Instagram. She bit her lip as she walked back to the living room. She sat down on the sofa, turned on the TV, and unlocked her phone.

Maybe... again? I have a feeling your maybes mean yes.

A few hours had passed before Ivy sent another message.

I'm assuming you went to sleep. I'm sorry if I crossed any lines that I shouldn't have. Anyway, goodnight. And thank you once again for taking the time out of your day to talk to me. It really meant a lot to me since I never got to meet you in person when I saw you on tour. Hopefully, one day I can meet you.

Taylor smiled softly as she read the message. She took a bite of her omelet before typing back.

You don't have to apologize or anything. You didn't cross any lines. I just fell asleep before I could reply. I'm sorry about that. And I would love to be able to meet you one day. I really miss touring, seeing everyone, getting the chance to meet you guys. I think I remember seeing you before. Did you use to have brown hair?

She pressed send before she set her phone aside to finish eating her breakfast. She turned on some music while she cleaned up the kitchen, and then grabbed herself a bottle of water. She grabbed her phone off the counter as she walked over to her piano to get back to work. She sat down on the stool, smiling when she saw a message from Ivy.

I'm so glad that I didn't cross any lines. I would feel awful if I did. I did use to have brown hair! I went to a few shows. I first saw you on your Fearless tour. I was 18 then. A few friends of mine and I went to that to see you in Dallas. But when I moved to New York, I saw you on the Red and 1989 tour. I was supposed to see you on the Rep tour, but I ended up working that weekend. However, I did have tickets for Loverfest.

Taylor always felt like her heart was going to explode when she felt so much admiration from her fans, especially with someone she was starting to care about.

Wow! I can't believe you've been to so many of them. Hopefully, when everything gets back to normal, I'll be able to see you at Loverfest. I felt awful canceling it, but I knew it was for the best.

I agree. And don't feel bad. We all know we'll still be able to see you in the future. I'll be amazing no matter when it is.

Taylor chewed on her lip. She didn't know what the future held, but especially with a new album on the way. She felt like after releasing it, it would change what Loverfest was going to be.

I really hope so. I have to remind myself that every day because sometimes I feel like it'll never be back to normal.