XLIV: Girlfriend!

Athena

Don't freak out

You can do this!

Yes I got this!

It's difficult to describe what I'm feeling right now, A part of me is consumed by nervousness while the other is excited. Man, I'm just a buddle of emotions when I think about him, what might be his surprise? I thought as I brushed my hair and let out a deep sigh staring at my reflection in the mirror. I did the make up just as he wanted, A deep maroon matte lipstick and a thin stroke of eyeliner simple yet classy.

I was dressed in black ripped jeans, white tee with black stripes and topped it with denim jacket. After slipping into my white plimsols, I wore my beige coloured bobble beanie and grabbed my small black handbag before making my way towards the sitting room.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, '3:58' It read. Zephyr will arrive any moment, just like that my heart started it's drum roll again. Ruby was still in the shower, I couldn't help but chuckle at what she told me. It seems like Danny and her left the club right after I left, They went to various places and In one spot there was a huge gathering, drinks and food was exchanged and Ruby dragged him to it. The rest of the night she spent drinking even while Danny tried to stop her. Then voila, she got drunk, broke her phone thinking it was a rock and Danny took her to his house while she fell asleep. Danny being the kind gentleman gave her his clothes and asked one of the maids to change her. I awed at his actions. He's such a charmer.

A knock brought me back out of my thoughts. Wait why is he at my door step? I thought he'd call me down.

No! No don't freak out!

Take deep breaths.

Now fine!

I quickly stood up and rushed to the door before pausing a taking few more breaths to calm my nerves and mustered a smile before I unlocked the door and opened it. My throat went dry and my jaw dropped when I took in the sight in front of me. Ahh such a blessing for sore eyes.

He stood there with his sly smirk, amusement dancing in his green eyes when he saw me checking him out shamelessly, my cheeks reddened in embarrassment

He stood there with his sly smirk, amusement dancing in his green eyes when he saw me checking him out shamelessly, my cheeks reddened in embarrassment. Jeez, let the earth swallow me!

"Hey" I whispered timidly, as I gave him a shy smile. I don't know why I'm so nervous around him even after all the things that happened between us in the past.

He stepped closer and leaned down, his masculine scent wafted to my nose. It took immense control to not pull him towards me and snuggle whole day. "You look gorgeous Ma Cherie" his warm breath sent tingles down my body as goosebumps aroused. Raising his hand, he tucked a tendril of my hair behind my ear, before placing a soft kiss on the crown of my head. I closed my eyes, sighing quietly as I cherished the feel of his warm lips on my skin.