CHAPTER 27

Remus woke up to a smiling Sirius, he looked at his boyfriend filled with curiousity, Sirius must've sensed it, because he laughed lightly.

"Remember the brilliant idea of my dear niece?" Sirius asked and Remus nodded stretching his arms, and standing of the bed.

"Well Dumbledore agreed!", Sirius said with a wide smile on his face, he was really going to make it up to Lyra, no matter what he has to do.

"Have she replied tho?" Remus asked, referring to the letter he gave the girl a week ago.

"No, she haven't", Sirius said with a sigh, and Remus hugged him.

"Does she know about it?" Remus asked again, now referring to the training.

"Bollocks Moony, stop asking questions you're ruining the moment" Sirius whined and Remus laughed at his reaction.

"Don't get you hopes to high, as you said she haven't replied" Remus said taking a new shirt, from the drawer.

"She could forget to reply..?" Sirius said not even sure about his statement.

"Well I spoke to soon", Remus said and pointed at the window a black owl tapping at it, Sirius opened the window and let the owl fly in.

"Hello there Ivory, you're early today, Ly must've woke up early" Remus said giving the owl a treat.

Remus took the letter off the owl's foot and gave it to Sirius.

"It's not for me, it's for you" Sirius said giving the letter back to Remus.

"Read it for me love" He said and Sirius opened it.

"Dear Remus, this letter is to ask for an advice, I'll cut this short, for Dumbledore needs me at his office, I know bloody early right? Anyways I was wondering if I should give him a second chance, and  please the next time you're going to shag each other lock the fucking door, Love, Ly Black" Sirius said and laughed lightly.

"Ah, I see" Remus said chuckling as well.

"What does she mean by help?" Sirius asked.

"I'll write her a quick reply" Remus said taking a quill and a parchment he told her to give the boy a last chance.

"There you go Ivory, see you soon" Remus said letting the owl fly.

As they headed downstairs, someone appeared on the Fireplace Remus gripped his wand and let the smoke disappear.

"Get your guard down Remus, it's just me" A familiar voice said, it was Lyra.

"Why are you here?" Sirius asked.

"Today's Saturday, and Dumbledore told me to fix my schedule with you" Lyra said picking with the bandage on her left hand.

"What happened there?", Remus asked noticing the bandage on her left hand.

"Well If we're starting today then better be prepared" Lyra said showing her other hand as well, and Remus nodded, not fully convinced by her excuse, for he saw blood at her other hand.

"Aren't you going to Hogsmeade like the others?" Sirius asked, gesturing for Lyra to sit down.

"I was, but Dumbledore called me, so yeah" Lyra said.

"Harry wrote to me a couple of days ago and I still haven't finished it" Sirius said trying to ease the awkward tension, Remus saw this and coughed a bit, and tilted his head to Lyra's left hand, Sirius nodded and started to speak again.

"What happened over there?" Sirius asked pointing at her left hand, a bit of blood being seen

"And don't you dare say nothing, I can see blood in it" Sirius said, and started to read Harry's letter once again.

"I got detention with Umbridge; Told us to write some lines; It turns out whenever we write, the inks our blood, fascinating actually" Lyra said and Remus almost choked on his Drink.

"You and Harry got into Detention at the same time, right?" Sirius asked and Lyra nodded.

"Mind telling me why you were there at the first place?", Sirius asked, he knows why she got into detention, he just wants to make sure that he didn't misread the letter.

"I-I defended someone" Lyra said taking a sip from the tea Remus had given her earlier.

"Who were you defending Ly?" Remus asked, clearly amused that the girl stuttered.

"My dad", She said before taking the bandage off, and showing the two the scar it had left.

"I must not tell lies" Sirius read a loud tracing the bruise.

"Have you told Dumbledore?" Remus asked, and Lyra shooked her head.

"Moving on, you know Neville's parents right?" Lyra asked, bandaging her left hand once again.

"Yes we knew them, Frank, and Alice" Remus said with a sad smile.

"They faced something worse than death" Sirius said with a sigh.

"They got expelled?" Lyra said shocked she knew the real reason, but looks like her inner 'Sirius' was showing.

"Yes— Wait— no! Of course they didn't!" Sirius said looking at her confusingly.

"They got caught by muggles?" Lyra asked once again.

"No! You're the brightest witch of you're age, and you don't know the answer" Sirius said, and Remus chuckled.

"Sorry I live with Hermione, sometimes with Mrs. Weasley" She said with a laugh.

"Don't worry Dad, I know what happened to them, they got tortured, Neville's been stressed this past few weeks" Lyra said, and Sirius gave her a goofy grin.

"Your jokes, it reminds me of myself back in the day" Sirius said, and Lyra chuckled.

"That was just my 'Inner Sirius'" Lyra said with air quotes.

"No wonder", Sirius said with a laugh.

"Now are we going to talk about my schedule or are we going to sit here all day, I can't stay here for a long time" Lyra said, and Sirius laughed, if he spent most of his time with Lyra he would know that she's like this, just like him.

"Be here every week, and make sure to be early" Sirius said in a warning tone, and Lyra nodded at him.

"Blimey!" Lyra said looking at the time at grandfather clock.

"I'll be going, love you both" Lyra said, kissing the two in the cheek, and giving them a quick hug, before stepping inside the fireplace.

"I think she's starting to like you" Remus said with a playful grin, and Sirius just smiled.

'At least we're being close'

———

:)