25

Liam Rawley

"Hi, Liam, "A girl that I didn't know passed me by.

The video of Tess' speech gained a lot more views over the weekend and as much as I appreciated the support, I hated the attention.

"Hey, Liam, we're with you."Someone said as I opened my locker but I just smiled at the guy.

After getting my stuff, I shut my locker only to see Cindy leaning on the locker next to mine.

"What do you want, Cindy?"I asked calmly.

"Look, people love you, Liam."She said.

"Yeah, and?"I raised my eyebrows.

"Jake is not my Vice President anymore."She mentioned, "And I want you to take his spot."

"You're not innocent in all of this."I clenched my teeth, "Don't you know how hard it is to have someone bully you so much that you need a bodyguard? To top it off, you're Vice President made me feel worse about it. So, you tell me if I should help you."

"I didn't knew."She lowered her voice, "I was so angry at Jake when he did that. I never asked him to ask you out for information and embarrassed you on stage like that."

"Well, you used that information anyways and for the embarrassing me part, maybe you should have taken a closer look on your friend, "I said angrily.

"I get why you're mad but I just want you to know that the offer still stands until the end of the week."She said regretfully, "I'm sorry, okay."She left me alone.

&&&&&&

"She did?"Tess raised her eyebrows.

"I'm not accepting it."I mentioned, "Not after what Jake did."

All of us were at our lunch table and I just told them about what happened with Cindy.

"But if you take it, you can expel Jake for what he did, "Roy said dumbly.

"Eat your cupcake, baby."Tess districted him and turned to me even though she knew that the President doesn't have that power, "I think you should accept it, Liam. I mean, if you do then all of this weren't for nothing."

"But we are a team."I defended, "I feel like I'm betraying you."

"You're not."Tess assured, "If you feel like you want this, accept it."

"What do you guys think?"I asked everyone else, who was oddly quiet.

"Definitely accept it," Dan said casually but it looked like he was thinking about something else.

"It's up to you, Liam."Laurel grabbed my hand.

"I need to think about it some more, "I mumbled and ate my lunch.

After all of us finished our lunch, Dan and I walked together to our class.

"Hey, Liam, can I ask you a favor?"Dan asked me while we walk.

"Yeah, what is it?"I let out a weak smile, hoping that it wasn't anything serious because, after the day I had, I couldn't take any more bad news.

"It's stupid."He said.

"What is it, Dan?"I asked seriously.

"Brady got accepted to Juilliard's once right?"He asked and I nodded, "So, can you ask him to help me write an original piece for the audition."

"Oh, yeah sure. I can ask him but I'm not really sure if he's gonna do it, "I said awkwardly.

"I need this, Liam cause' so far, I got nothing and I really need to score this."He said seriously.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do, "We walked inside of the classroom.

&&&&&&

Brady and I decided to get some ice cream after school. Or at least I did because he didn't like ice cream. Even if he did like it, he ordered the mint flavor, which is just as terrible.

"How do you even eat that?"I pointed at his mint-flavored ice cream in a small cup.

"How do you eat that?"He countered on my cotton candy-flavored ice cream.

"Seriously tho mint?"I teased.

"It was my father's favorite."He pointed out and that made me shut my mouth. We never really actually talked about his parents and I just felt like it was a topic that we shouldn't get into yet.

"Hey, surprised to see you guys here."

We looked up and saw Dan.

"Are you?"I raised my eyebrows, "Didn't I told you guys that we were going here."

"I must have not heard it."He obviously lied and took a chair from another table before sitting next to me, "So, how are you, Brady?"

"Why do you care?"Brady asked calmly.

"Ask him," Dan whispered to me.

"We're on a date, "I whispered back.

"Just ask him."Dan whispered again, "Ask him,"

"Ask me what?"Brady cringes and it seemed like he was not in the mood to tolerate Dan at the moment.

"Dan wants you to help him write an originals peace for his Juilliards acceptance audition, "I explained to Brady.

"Yeah, no."Brady said without hesitation, "I have better things to do. Plus, I don't even play the violin. I play piano, remember?"

"Yeah but I'm just asking for help to write something."Dan pointed out, "It's not so far off from the instruments we play."Dan explained, "Can you at least see what I have written and just comment on it."

"Yeah, whatever," Brady said.

"Great!"Dan said excitedly and took out copy out of his back pack before giving it to Brady.

Brady took it and put it down on the table before focusing on me again but Dan was still starring at him.

"Do you mean now?"Brady raised his eyebrows.

"Here's a pencil."Dan gave him a pencil with a goofy smile.

Brady sigh and took a look at the paper, "This part is useless and won't get you any points."Brady crossed it off, "This doesn't make sense."He crossed another thing off, "This part right here just comes out of nowhere."He crossed it out too.

"Anything else?"Dan asked after Brady took longer to examine it.

"Where's the climax?"Brady asked.

"What is that?"Dan raised his eyebrows.

"Wow."Brady let out a humorous laugh, "They're really just let anyone into Juilliards now?"Brady shook his head while laughing, "A climax is the most exciting part where people listen to just for that part alone."

"Anything else?"Dan asked again.

"Yeah, the first and second row of your song is from Dear Evan Hansen," Brady added.