Chapter 11

"You should be on bed rest right now

"You should be on bed rest right now. Besides I have some personal business I have to deal with Five about." Diego Seth through clenched teeth. He was holding the steering wheel tightly, she could tell he blamed Five for Eudora's death, and for Janes inner consciousness battle. "He's just a kid Diego. Can you not look like your taking a massive shit?" Jane laughed trying to ease his tension and it seemed to work as he began relaxing a bit and looked less intimidating.

But as they pulled up to the boxing ring Diego practically ran out and Jane had to chase after him to keep up. She didn't even remember if she had closed her car door or not as she ran after the man. Diego burst through the door and his eyes went black as he noticed Luther and Five talking. "Piece of shit!" He said hotly as stormed up to Five who seemed confused but not scared. "Do you have any idea wha you just did!" Diego went to grab Five but Luther grabbed him just in time and looked to me for an answer.

"Nope let me- GET YOUR APE HANDS OFF ME!" Jane snickered due to what Diego had told her was the stick in Luthers ass. But Luther kept his hold on Diego, "I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down..." He said calmly trying to act like he was unaffected. He did send a glare at Jane for laughing obviously Diego had told her what had happened while she was gone.

"Fine." Diego said panting due to being tired of fighting against Luther. Luther waited a second before setting him down, "Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?" He asked Diego who glanced at me before glaring into Five. "Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back." Diego snapped and Five looked in other but glanced to my wounds before looking at Diego again. "He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's.... And then at Gimble brothers. After the guys who had attacked the academy, looking for him."

He pointed with hatred towards Five.  "None of which is your concern."  Five responded both trying sound unbother but a hint of hurt. "It is now. They just killed my friend. And they nearly killed Jane last night and that's all on you. That makes it my concern." Diego spat at Five.

For a moment he looked like a deer caught in headlights to Jane. But for Jane she saw him as just a kid who had to grow up fast, just like- Jane couldn't control the shift to babydoll who began crying hysterically as tears began to literally soak the floor. Her little pig tails shaking hysterically as sobs racked through her body, Luther looked wide eyed never having met baby doll. Diego's harsh attitude changed abruptly as he walked over to baby doll and pulled her into a gentle hug. "I'm sorry baby doll. Please stop crying." He apologized making her sniffle.

"So you two are a thing?" Luther asked almost with disgust and baby doll looked at him before squealing. "Oh my gosh your Luther I've been a huge fan of the academy since I found your guys comics in the asylum! And your Five! We should play sometime! We can play hide and seek. But no cheating!" She giggled softly as her tears dried up and she spoke with a baby voice. Both Five and Liuther looked weirded out until Diego explained. "Guys this is baby doll. She's a literal baby doll." Diego states making the two nod.

Five looked heated that she thought of him as a kid but but his tongue knowing baby doll didn't understand. Luther on the other hand.... "So baby doll, I haven't met you before. But it's inappropriate for a child to listen in. We would like Jane back please." He stated with authority but baby dolls lip began to quiver and her eyes filled with tears again.

"YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE ME? YOU JUST WANT TO SEND ME AWAY!" Baby doll yelled as she once again began sobbing uncontrollably. "Nice going Luther." Diego spat as he grabbed baby doll and pulled her away from the two. "Baby doll we like you it's just scary stuff we are talking about. We would love to spend time with you. And I promise later I'll play hide and seek with you. And I'm sure Klaus will play too not these stick in the muds. But I need to speak to Jane about the scary stuff if that's okay." Diego basically cood making both the Luther and Five look at him like he had three heads all of a sudden.

Diego was known for being impatient, an ass, and just being dumb. Yet here he was trying to calm down Baby doll and was actually being nice about it. "Gross." Five said but nonetheless baby doll nodded wiping away her tears with an excited smile. She'd been dying to play with someone since she'd come to the underground and most turned it down or away. Jane was back as soon as she had been gone, immediately ripping out the pig tails with a sigh. "Sorry she took over..... and soaked your floor." Jane mumbled the last part guilty about the floor.

"Who are they Five?" Luther asked trying to get back to the talks at hand making Jane feel more guilty but listen. "They work for my former employer. A woman called the handler. She sent them.... to stop me. Then, as soon as Diego's friend and Jane got in their way, we'll fair game." Five explained and Diego's hatred came back. "And now they're fair game. And I'm gonna see to it they pay." Diego said hotly as he began walking away.

"That would be a mistake, Diego. They've killed people far more dangerous than you." Five tried to convince Diego not to go but Diego was already almost out the door with Jane hot on his heels. "Yeah, we'll see about that." Diego snapped slamming the door shut behind him and Jane who looked at him expectingly. "So where to first knife boy?" Jane asked with excitement and Diego shook his head with a smile.

"Well first I'm gonna take you to the academy so you rest and then I'm gonna hunt these son of a bitches down." Diego said it calmly but Jane looked murderous. "I'm perfectly fine. Besides I can take care of myself." She huffed walking past him and down the hall that led to the boxing ring, him close behind her. "I didn't say you couldn't. I'm just asking you nicely to get some rest to heal better and faster Jane." He said grabbing her hand and making her face him. All the men in the gym stared but neither felt it, Jane felt a weird flutter. A strange attraction for Diego. Staring into his eyes right now made her just wanna lean in and-

Janes eyes looked ready bulged out of her head as she realized how close her Diego's faces were. She immediately blushed and backed away from him and began to scurry outside as some of the men hooted for Diego who looked pressed. When he finally came outside after standing there to get himself together for a minute Jane was already in the car looking at her hands.