01. Rejection Denied

(New and edited)
CHAPTER 01: Rejection Denied

People knew of what the Julius Alpha was, what he stood for, which wasn't anything but our strongest of clan leaders. He made the room deafening, silencing every single werewolf, every single lycanthrope. He had a pack to define his legacy, his teachings. Every member of his pack had their own personal skill set.

He was a God to everyone, but a monster to me.

Which is why I stood in front of him, his Beta, his Gamma, his Delta and personal Enforcers. I met his dark, platinum silver eyes, "I, Celestine Colton, reject the bond with Martin Julius, Alpha of the Julius Clan." The words didn't strike my heart, I never wanted a husband, a partner like him. He saw the hate on my face, the disgust. Not one of his ranks moved, not one made an expression.

It wasn't until I screamed, falling to the floor in gut-wrenching, blood-curdling pain, blinding me as I stare down at the ink bleeding out and embedding itself in my skin, on the floor in front of him as he barely moves while whatever he's doing to me shows his dominance. The ink reddened and burned into my skin as I screamed louder, against my own Alpha, against every Alpha in the room watching as Alpha Julius squats in front of me.

The pain chokes against my lungs as I roll onto my back, I couldn't breathe as he whispers with an echo against every wall of the Royal courts, "I don't accept. I will never accept."

His darkness consumed me not long after.

********

All men love what they know is forbidden.

Knowledge is power, what is known is sacred, documented and ruled by over centuries. Soulmates are of ancient times, as is the goddess in which formulates bonds between the werewolf species. My species. It was unfortunate for me to see mine in that conference room, the conference room I wasn't even obligated to go to, except the werewolf council, my employers were attending. It was custom to go. I didn't anticipate finding the eyes of the one werewolf in all lifetimes to be my bonder.

When I rejected my mate, I had done so for a very credible reason.

Being that of the fact Martin Julius was a crazy son of a bitch who loves dictatorship, power and merciless submissions from his subjects whenever he wished in his arrogant fucking presence.

Henceforth, the situation I am in now once he knocked me out, claiming he 'does not accept my rejection' because that's a fucking thing and that's fucking allowed. WRONG! It's not a thing, it's not credible, it shouldn't even be possible. The rope should've snapped, that instant connection when the mind sprouts 'MINE' the instant their eyes meet. The connection to their eternal soulmate's should not still be there if one rejects the bond of another. If one calls the moon goddess wrong.

I called her out.

I said the right words. I made the right vow. He should not be able to do this.

The myths and legends of almost any cruel understanding between a long rocky road on a dark and dreary afternoon in the middle of an excruciatingly cold winter on the Julius territory coiled low in my stomach. I knew the place like a scar too prominent to remove. I knew it in a sickening crunch of familiarity and disturbing memory of what was to come.

He put me in a cage.

Had I known hours ago that rejecting Martin Julius would shove me in a metal, steel bar cage and suffocate me in an abyss of rust and silver, I guess I would have waited, maybe—perhaps even ran from him. Running from him would have been the better option. His female Beta stares me down, and my sunshine blonde curls were ripped from my hair tie. A dark male group sang a German song of sorts on the stereo. My neck was free of any chain; only my wrists weren't so lucky. Martin sat in his suit in the seat in front of me.