6|Brothers

Sweat ran down my face as I woke up from my nightmare. Actually, it was my past that still haunts me. The orange sky shone through the window. I walked over to the restroom to clean the sweat off my face. The bathroom was huge. It was white with gold detailing.

Once I was done with that I went to look at my bag that contained my belonging to find something that fits me better. I was drowning in the current clothes that I was wearing. I found my only pair of leggings and paired them with a grey hoodie.

I paced around the room. I didn't know if I could go downstairs without permission, but I was bored in this room. Adrik was nice but intimidating and I didn't want to get in trouble because I was feeling physically weak, I don't think I could take a beating. I know Lila said there were nice people, but looks can be deceiving.

The room was nice it had soft grey walls and white furniture. The big king size bed sat in the middle of the room, it was one of those beds with an endless amount of pillows. The sheets were a lavender color the blanket was fluffy and soft. I honestly loved it. There was a balcony but it was locked, I tried to open it but there was no use. I sat on the sofa that outlooked the window to the outside, I was mesmerized by the view. I found it soothing to just gaze at the sky in complete silence.

~

I don't know how long I was sitting there, but I heard a knock on my door. Adrik came smiling at me and motioning me to come to him. "It's time to meet all your brothers don't be scared."

We walked down the stairs my hands started to get clammy. I was nervous. I put on my emotionless mask I didn't want to be disappointed like I did when I met Alexei. We made it to the dining room and there sat all five of my brothers. Some looked happy others held no mention on their face. Adrik pulled out a chair for me it was on the right f him since he sat at the head of the table.

"As you may know this is our sister Anastasia, she has selective mutism so don't get offended if she doesn't speak to you. Introduce yourselves." His tone was more authoritative than usual.

"So I am Aleksander I am your second oldest brother." He smiled at me, at least he was nice.

"Adrian your third oldest brother, not going to lie probably going to be your most favorite one too." He gave me a goofy smile and I couldn't help but return it. I knew that he was probably the friendliest one. Then Alexei spoke up, "We've met" he grunted out with an eye roll. I still don't understand what I did to him.

"I'm Andrey the oldest twin and the nicest one."

"Anton." He said without sparing me a glance. Can't you feel the warmth and love because I can?

"Well ok let's eat." Adrik glared at Anton as he said that.

Well, dinner was alright, there was chatter here and there nothing too interesting. I zoned out after the introductions. I felt nauseous at the smell of the food so I was just playing with the food. I usually had an appetite but I don't know why I've been feeling sick. I made sure I always had a meal even if that meant stealing, that is why I looked healthy weight-wise.

"Stop playing with your food, it seems you want the attention. It seems as if being mute and coming back from the dead isn't enough to grab everyone's attention." Alexei spat. I pushed my plate forward and left the dining room to my room. I don't know what is his problem is with me. I knew if I stayed there longer I would just burst into tears. You see when I am angry I can't help but let those angry tears from coming out. I heard yelling, and I knew I had already fucked up.

I curled into a ball under the fluffy lavender blanket. My head was pounding, I just wanted to close my eyes. I heard the door open, but I didn't come out of the sheets. I felt a dip in the bed and they let out a sigh.

"Ana, I talked to him already, but can you try and tell me why you didn't eat dinner." Adrik's voice came out soft and reassuring. Somehow I trusted him he felt like comfort.

"Not hungry my stomach was hurting, sorry," I whispered.

"Go get ready for bed ok, I'll tell Rosalie  to bring you up some medicine hopefully you feel better. Tomorrow morning we need to speak about some rules." He said getting up I nodded.

~

It was the morning I was feeling somewhat better after Rosalie brought me some tea and medicine. Before falling asleep Adrian came into the room to tell me goodnight and that he would take me shopping so we could spend time together.

I took a hot shower and changed into some clothes that belonged to Rosalie's niece. It fit perfectly I wasn't skinny I had a small pooch, I had thick thighs and long legs. Then there were the things that I hated the most my breast they were big and I felt like it was the cause of what happened to me. I developed at a really early age I had gotten my first period when I was nine years old. It made me sick to think about everything.

Rosalie came to get me for breakfast, she told me that Adrik would be waiting for me in his office after I ate. I had some toast, fruits, and orange juice. I ate alone I guess I started my day late.

I stood outside the grand oak double doors. I knocked and heard Adrik telling me to come in. He motioned me to sit on one of the black leather chairs.

"I have some rules and remember these rules are for your safety and wellbeing." I nodded.

1. Be respectful

2. Get good grades

3. Absolutely no boyfriends, guy friends are allowed

4. You are allowed to wear whatever you please, but make sure it is appropriate for the occasion

5. No going without permission or brothers/appointed bodyguards.

"The rules are simple and easy to follow, I also want you to see a therapist. I want you to take art therapy, Lila told me about the nightmares, I think that is the best way to start healing. I know you have questions and I will answer what I know. However, I have work to do at the moment so either later today or tomorrow does that seem fine."

"Yes, that is fine."

I left the office after that to get ready for my day with Adrian. I didn't have a problem with the rules. I was happy that he was willing to give me the answers I need.

Hopefully, the truth will set me free.

-unedited
Please comment and vote:)!