Chapter fourteen: Halloween

Annabeth stared at herself in the mirror, feeling nothing but embarrassment.

It was halloween and now only did she had a huge scar but she now had a dark purple bruise to complete it.

James had been trying to apologize to Annabeth but she wasn't mad, just hurt. She knew James cared about her and it was a moment of weakness but she still couldn't believe it happened.

Annabeth and Sam had been extremely awkward around the Marauders and their newfound friendships were definitely strained.

Sam couldn't care less about his relationship with any of them except Sirius, he cared more about Sirius than he'd like to admit.

Sam watched as Annabeth stared in the mirror, contemplating on how to cover up the bruise.

" I vote you leave it, you look fine" said Sam, trying to bring the girls confidence back

Annabeth just threw her makeup down and groaned into her hands, she had never felt so ugly in her life.

Sam swiftly stood up and placed his head on top of the girls and wrapping her arms around her.

" Anna, you'll be hottest girl there. Scar or not" said the boy quietly.

Annabeth looked up with tears in her eyes and slowly nodded, wanting to believe her best friend.

//////

All eyes were on Annabeth and Sam as they walked into the common room that night.

Annabeth wore a red skintight dress that reached her mid thigh and had fake blood splattered all over her. For makeup, she settled with a dark red eyeshadow and winged eyeliner.

Sam wore nothing but suspenders and khaki pants, being a firefighter.

They looked hot.

Annabeth followed Sam as he made his way to the table of drinks, only to be stopped by a hufflepuff.

" You look really good tonight" slurred the boy.

" Oh um, thanks" said Annabeth awkwardly while trying to make her way around him

" Wanna dance?" asked the boy.

Annabeth really really didn't want to but found herself heading towards the dance floor anyways.

She slowly bopped her head until she really got into the music.

Her hips swayed from side to side as she threw her hands up towards the sky.She was thoroughly enjoying herself until she felt a pair of hands on her waist.

Annabeth turned around and looked at the boy then backed away.

She knew he was drunk so the last thing she wanted to do was piss him off but this was the touchiest guy she'd ever met.

" I think i'm done dancing" said Annabeth

The boy ignored her and grabbed her tighter.

Panicking, Annabeth stomped on his foot and pushed him away from her then ran towards the drinks.

" Annabeth, can we talk? Please" asked James, coming out of nowhere

Annabeth hesitantly nodded her head before following James to the dorm of the Marauders.

" I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you, I cant live with myself after what I did. As soon as I did it, I felt disgusting. I don't expect your forgiveness but I love you and you're one of the greatest friends i've ever had." cried James

" James, it's okay. Obviously you feel badly about it but if it happens again, I won't be as forgiving." laughed the girl

She knew she probably shouldn't forgive James hit there was something about him that made her want him in her life.

Annabeth stood and made her way over to the crying boy and wrapped him in a hug.

She suspected there was more to his crying than he let on but she chose not to push him, at least not right now.

" They're not together" said James, suddenly.

Annabeth stiffened before responding.

" How do you know?" she asked, trying to sound casual

James went on and on about how him and Remus fixed things and how he should have never even thought Remus would do that to him.

" Well, i'm really glad you all figured it out" said Annabeth

" You all need to fix it too" said James, shifting to stand up.

James walked out of the room and soon returned with a stumbling Remus behind him.

" Have fun" smiled James as he locked the pair inside.

Remus and Annabeth sat in an awkward silence until Annabeth finally spoke up.

"You know, I almost didn't come tonight"

" How come?"

" This scar on my face looks even worse with this nasty bruise" laughed the girl

Remus's face paled as he began pacing. 

" Rem, are you okay?" asked the girl

Remus walked over to her and cupped her face in his.

" The scar isn't ideal but you pull it off" he said as he ran his thumb over it.

" They don't look nearly as good as yours do" whispered the girl

Remus's eyes stared into her deep brown ones. He saw hundreds of untold stories and heavy secrets behind her glossy eyes. Her eyelashes curled perfectly and she wore black mascara to make them visible.

" You have beautiful eyes" he told her

Annabeth's cheeks turned red and she turned her gaze to the floor.

" Look at me"

Annabeth slowly brought her eyes back to Remus and saw a look she had never seen on him before.

Remus quickly backed away from her and grabbed a camera.

He tilted her head slightly and flashed a picture of her cheek. Her scar.

" I want you to see what I see" said the boy as the picture formed.

Annabeth sat in astonishment at what had just happened.

Remus once again ran his fingers over the scar and kissed it gently.

Annabeth felt a rush of adrenaline as she placed her own fingers on his scars on his face then kissed them all.

The two scarred beauties stared at each other with so much love and admiration that the world around them.

Remus saw nothing but those beautiful brown eyes.

A/N: below is the picture that Remus took of Annabeth