𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

EP 35: Consequences

__________________

Timestamp: 11 hours: 13 minutes: 40 seconds before Cha Haerin's death

Third Person's

"We are first in priority for take-off. We should depart in five minutes."

A monotonous sound of the redundant announcement woke Jake up from his shallow slumber. He slowly opened his eyes, taking the airpods off from his ears as he looked at the window.

'It's been a while...'

The afternoon sun stroke on Jake's skin as he finally landed on the airport of Australia.
The wind breezes to his coat, embracing him as if it's welcoming him back after a long time.

On the airport pad, there was a huge black Van waiting for his departure. Countless guards and butlers were waiting for him, escorting him to the Shim's residence.

"Welcome back, Youngmaster Jake."

The old butler bowed in front of him. He just glanced towards his direction and walked towards the black van,

"Drop the greetings, Leywin. Is she home?"
The butler politely nodded his head and closed the van's door, walking towards the shotgun seat and started to navigate the driver's direction. Jake looked at his wrist watch, waiting impatientl for them to arrive at the mansion.

This is the only option he has. They can for sure find Haerin in no time, But they will demand high consequences.

No.

Jake never cared about the consequences.

If it's for Haerin, he'll break the rules.

"Can I ask what made you come back here, Youngmaster?"
Leywin sensed the strange aura enveloping Jake. He answered him with silence causing Leywin to clear his throat.

"Youngmaster James is also present at the mansion as of now, It is a shame that Youngmistress Jessica is currently at-"

"Brother is also here?"

"Yes, you didn't know?"
A confused look was plastered on Leywin's face as he thought that the younger's departure was because of a gathering with his brother or something.

"What is he..."
Jake disregarded his thoughts about his brother and shut his eyes close while sighing.

Leywin turned to him and reached his hands to him.

"Before we arrive to the house, You need to surrender all of your firearms."

Jake nodded his head and took his gun out from his pocket, giving it to Leywin before they arrived on a black enormous gate.

"We're here."

The Casa Sanguis, The Shim's residence and their largest property in Australia is spectacularly large. Not to mention it's thousand hectares land, The mansion itself was already large enough to call almost like a palace. Jake hopped out of the van and walked towards the entrance of the house, he was welcomed by countless maids and butlers patrolling on the area.

"Welcome Back, Youngmaster Jake..."

Everyone was bowing at him, he can recognize some faces, but some were totally new to him. Some doesn't even know who he is.It's been only a year without him but he felt like it was eternity.