TRACK 17.

***Someday, like the moment that felt eternity. Come to me like a coincidence, stay with me for always, just like this, come to me like destiny and stay with me***

MINA'S POV

When the morning dawn upon us Mio woke up with so much energy, it was the day we both anticipated. We were getting ready when I got a call about work. I had to explain it to her and as usual, she just agrees without complaints. Sometimes I wish she tells me what she really feels, has a tantrum, and get spoiled like most of the kids her age.

Although I promised to be there right after lunch, I couldn't. I was really late when I got to the school, a lot of the booths have started cleaning up. I made my way to the field where a lot of people had gathered for the awarding.

SN : "Mitan!!!" She said waving at me.

The girls and kids were all standing below a tree.

MM : "There you are. Aren't you too late? It's already over."

MN : "Work was too busy. I wished I could've made it in time so Mio and I could've participated."

The girls just looked at me and didn't say anything, I started to look around and I didn't found Mio.

MN : "Wait where's Mio?"

CY : "Well, the Myoui have won first this year."

I didn't understand what she said, I mean, how could we win when we didn't even participate?

NY : "You mean the Yoo's, right?" She said pointing at the stage.

And when I turn to the front I saw my daughter and my best friend being awarded.

JH : "Well, I guess will let Jeongyeon have first place this time."

DH : "You didn't even try hard."

SN : "We'll make our comeback next year, right Ji?"

JH : "Hai, hai let's go we need to take the kids to Jeong, so they can have their class picture."

NY : "Go on, I'll stay here with Mina."

I knew this might happen, Jeongyeon taking care of Mio for the day but what really surprised me was the two of them winning first place. I can't believe Yoo Jeongyeon, out of all the people had won. Back when were still in school. She'll do everything just so she won't participate in any events because she said it was a drag.

NY : "Don't worry you're not the only person who was surprised to see this happen." She suddenly said.

MN : "Unnie, it's weird, right? I mean that's Yoo Jeongyeon...."

NY : "Hahaha tell me a time when Jeonyeon was actually not weird? We both know she's been a dork since she was little but it's probably because Mio reminds her of you, a lot. I couldn't see any other reason."

MN : "Whatever it is I'm glad they had fun." I said looking at the two of them laughing with the rest of the girls.

NY : "She's been all over your daughter since the morning. If you don't know them you'll probably think Jeongyeon was Mio's mom. She won't even take her eyes off her and if she did she'll ask one of us to look after her. Mina have you ever thought about trying again?"

MN : "Trying?"

NY : "Yeah, you know with a relationship? It's just your ex-husband has re-married already and it's been 3 years, Mio is growing old. Sooner she's gonna find someone and get married and what happens after that? Are you planning to grow old on your own?"

MN : "Of course I did, it's just I haven't met someone. It's not just me anymore, I have to take into consideration of Mio. If it's someone who can get along with her then I'll give it a go."

NY : "I never thought a day would come where I will call you this. Pabo, haha."

I just looked at her.

NY : "Are your eyes okay? You probably need to get glasses. If it's someone who gets along with your daughter, then you only have to look straight. Jeongyeon fits you perfectly Mina, she and Mio have a different bond and of course, the most important part is you already like her."

"I always thought the two of you would be the one to get married first. Who would have thought you wouldn't even date? But it's not too late, we all believed that you two found your way back home because of this. I'm just saying if you really want to try then it's about time to give it a shot. Mina, it's about time one of you say those words you couldn't back then."

I just let Nayeon unnie talk, she was right I should have tried telling Jeongyeon before.

Nobody knew how much I wanted it to be Jeongyeon, nobody knew how much I prayed that one day I wake up and Jeongyeon is with me. But it didn't go my way before I knew it, it was already late I got married and had a daughter.

I thought I was over her, that the feeling was gone but the moment I saw her again and the moment she held Mio in her hands, all the feelings came rushing back to me it almost broke my heart to a million pieces.

I wanted it to be Jeongyeon, Mio, and I.

I wanted it to be Jeongyeon so bad.

NY : "I'm just saying, you two let the years go and in my opinion, there's no need to wait for another year. You don't have to rush the relationship, just be honest with yourselves and say what you really feel."

MN : "I'll give it a thought unnie, gomawo."

NY : "Gaja, your daughter's probably looking for you."

And we made our way to the rest of the girls. Mio runs to me while she holds a trophy in her hand. Never have I seen my daughter this happy ever since I got divorced. I looked around and found Jeongyeon looking at us while fondly smiling. Maybe Nayeon unnie is right, maybe it's really the time to give it a chance.

The more I stare at those smiles the more I realized how Jeongyeon makes me feel. If I have to describe it, it's like the feeling of coming home.

Yoo Jeongyeon is the home I've always longed for.

---