23

We all freeze as Dream comes through the clearing, axe in hand. His eyes are filled with confusion, flickering to and from our faces until I can see a spark of realisation ignite. 

Shit shit shit shit.

"Dream it's not what it looks like." I say weakly, raising my palms defensively.

"So you're not meeting two members of L'manburg in direct violation of the treaty, especially after I explicitly told them that anyone who came near us, and more specifically you, would get killed?" He says dryly, fist gripping the handle of his axe tightly. My stomach plummets.

"Run!" I scream, shoving Tubbo behind me. Dream lunges forward to give chase, but I throw myself in front of him. Tommy and Tubbo bolt into the forest, crashing through the wilderness as if their lives depended on it, which of course, they do. 

"Rosie get out of the way." Dream growls, pushing me to the side, but I grab hold of his arm and attempt to drag him back. Turns out I'm not nearly strong enough to out muscle a grown man twice my size, but it was worth a shot. He simply keeps moving forward as if I wasn't even there, so run in front of him and push my hands against his chest.

"Dream please don't hurt them. Please! It's all my fault, just let them go!" I beg, but he just seizes my wrists and moves me out of his way. I wrap my arms around Dream's neck and jump, hanging all my weight, trying to pull him down, but he keeps running, and instead circles his arm around my waist.

 I'm hoisted onto his shoulder, arm tight on my hips. I grab hold of his waist and kick hard into the air, flipping my body over his shoulder and onto my feet.

He doesn't even look back, running into the woods after Tommy and Tubbo. I have to stop him. I chase after him, adrenaline pumping through my veins as I leap onto his back, grabbing hold of the axe in his hand and cinching my legs tightly around his middle. He tries to shake me off but I'm clinging desperately, refusing to let him go, refusing to let him hurt them.

He still doesn't slow down though, so I lurch my whole body backwards, and we topple over. We both hit our sides on the hard earth and I can feel all the air rush out from my lungs, and the throbbing pain in my hip from colliding into the ground. He took most of the fall, and I can hear the strangled inhales beside me as he tries to get air back into his lungs, his mask knocked off beside him.

 I force myself to my feet and tackle him, just as he starts rising off the ground. I shove him backwards and he lands flat on his back, but just goes to get back up. I push him again, and sit on him, legs straddling his stomach and arms pinning his to the ground. My bodyweight won't hold him for long, but I struggle against him as he shakily tries to throw me off. 

"You can't hurt them. Please Dream, I promise I'll be good, I'll do whatever you say just please don't hurt them!" I plead panicked, because he is going to be able to get up soon and I won't be able to stop him. 

"Rosie I warned them, I warned you what would happen if they violated the treaty again. You're the ones that chose this." He grunts, trying to unpin his arms from my grip.

 "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, I'll take the blame just please, I am begging you, don't hurt them." I try again, desperate for him to listen. 

"This is how it is Rosie." He says.

"I swear to god if you hurt them I'll never forgive you." I snarl. 

He easily wrenches his arms from my grasp, sitting up, and so I do the one thing left that I can do out of sheer desperation to stop him. I lean forward and kiss him. 

Instantly he stills as I grab his face, my lips on his soft ones. After a moment he returns the kiss, one hand tangling in my hair, the other sliding down to my lower back. It's full of desperation and emotion, both pushing and pulling against each other, as I wind my arms around his neck and close the gap between us. Sparks erupt where his hands hold me, iron grip as he starts to control the kiss. This is going further than it should. He pulls me even closer against him, no space between our tightly pressed together bodies

I pull my face back, but his arms trap me tightly against him, his hand moving from my hair to join his other at my waist. We're both breathing heavily, and the fluttering storm of butterflies in my stomach doesn't calm down as we stare into each others eyes. I'm entranced by his, the swirling greens that remind me of the forest, of the beautiful outside world. Then I remember what's happening. 

I jerk out of his grasp, wiping my mouth off as I stumble to my feet. He sighs, and slowly pulls himself to stand. 

"I wasn't going to hurt your friends." He admits, shaking his head. 

I step forward and go to slap him, but he catches my hand.

"So you just thought you'd manipulate my emotions for fun." I say angrily.

"No, I thought I'd scare them, and you so they wouldn't come back, and you'd think twice about doing dumb shit." He says, letting me go. We stare at each other in silence for a beat.

"You kissed me." He states.

"Yeah."

"You liked it."

"Shut up." I retort, humiliated by the rushing heat in my face. "It was the only thing I could do to stop you going after them."

"Yeah sure, whatever you want to tell yourself." He rolls his eyes. "Maybe you should try again, see if you like it."

I narrow my eyes. "I believe we just had a conversation about not saying things like that." I say pointedly, folding my arms over my chest.

"Yes, you're right." He concedes. "Do you forgive me?" He holds out his hand, I take it and shake it.

"No, but I'm giving you another chance. Mess up again and I will gut you with a soup spoon."

"Fair enough. However, we need to have a little conversation about what the fuck you were doing with those two L'manburgians." He says, suddenly more serious. 

Oh no.

He leans forward, mouth tickling my ear. "And we're talking about that kiss."

Oh no.

---------

A/N So Dream actually stuck to his word and didn't do any creepy shit this time. I bet you guys were not expecting that kiss to happen lol. I didn't want them kissing be a climatic point in their relationship because they have a lot of baggage to sort out, and I think Rosie finally forgiving and accepting him is a more deserving climax for their arc (will it happen? stay tuned...) so I threw this kiss in to get the ball rolling. Neither of them can pretend there's no feelings anymore.

Thank you so much for the support, please vote and comment!

Oopsies x