Stolen - Part One

A/N: I had to change up the way Aguni became the new leader so it would fit my plot a little better so please do be aware that the little argument they had before voting is different from both manga and series.

---

"I take it that no one opposes Aguni being the new leader?" Niragi smirked, parading the room with his rifle sitting on his shoulder. He was definitely compensating for something, Kurenai thought.

"Hang on," Kuzuryuu said. "Even though Aguni is number two, shouldn't we think this through? We'd need someone with a little more intellect to lead the Beach."

"Are you calling us stupid?"

Kurenai scoffed, that would be an understatement.

"The strongest person should be the leader. We're the ones who have been getting rid of traitors, yet we've been treated as shadows the entire time. This unfair treatment ends today!"

"Unfair? When you're the one carrying a rifle around?"

She could not help herself, even when Chishiya was squeezing her hand the entire time. Every time Niragi spoke, it was as if someone was drilling into her ears. They had just gotten rid of one tyrant, and while she knew Aguni was not truly as he presented himself, the militants' ego would grow the second he took that number one spot.

"Alright, let's be democratic then," Niragi said, glaring from across the room. "Let's have a vote, majority wins. All those in favour of Aguni."

No one in the room moved. Not a single hand in the air, nor a single voice speaking out in favour of Aguni. That was because everyone was thinking the same thing. The dynamic at the Beach had always been tense between the groups led by Hatter and Aguni. Now that one of them was gone, if they gave in to the other side, they would be descending into anarchy.

Niragi flashed Last Boss a look, signalling for him to do something.

Unsheathing his katana, Last Boss walked up to An and pointed the weapon at her. It was not a random choice. An had been a great help next to Hatter, and she held a lot of power despite being at a lower number. And if she did not agree? Well, it would have been good riddance for the militant.

"I'll ask one last time," Niragi said. "All those in favour of Aguni?"

Staring straight into Last Boss' eyes, the last thing An wanted to do was to challenge the militants. Whether they liked it or not, the militants were the ones in power now. They were the ones with the weapons. This 'democracy' was a joke because they could have taken the Beach by force if they wanted to.

Unwillingly, An raised her hand.

"This is not a majority rule," Mira commented.

"Oh, but it is," Niragi smirked, walking up to Mira. "You're free to vote after all."

He pointed his rifle at her, leaning in close as he waited. Just like An, Mira unwillingly raised her hand in favour of Aguni.

Making his way around the room, Niragi was threatening each executive member with his rifle, forcing them to raise his hand. Then he got to Chishiya and Kurenai. He pointed his gun straight at Chishiya, walking up to him.

"What about you? Are you looking down on us, Chishiya?"

"But you guys are really stupid."

Kurenai giggled.

Outraged, Niragi had his rifle right under Chishiya's chin. "Those eyes of yours really piss me off. You and your little girlfriend, you're both so condescending."

"Condescending? Wow, that's such a big word for you. Well done, Niragi-kun," Kurenai smiled, her tone of voice purposefully condescending as she tapped her fingers on her other palm like one would when applauding a child.

Chishiya could not help the smirk on his face.

Pissed off even more, Niragi pressed the barrel against Chishiya's chin. A few seconds later, Chishiya held both hands in the air. "I vote for Aguni to be the leader. Are you alright with losing me as a precious 'yes' vote?"

Niragi took a step away, lowering his rifle then shifted his attention to Kurenai. Though before he could even try to threaten her, she raised her hand. "I'll follow Shuntarou," she smiled. "Happy now, Niragi-kun?"

He scrunched his nose in distaste.

This woman was mocking him with her tone of voice and calling him 'Niragi-kun'. Though he moved on rather quickly, remembering how she broke down his wall the last time he tried to assault her. As much as he would like to see her laying on the table next to Hatter lifeless, she would have gone down tearing him apart.

Moving on to Arisu, it was not long before the entire time had their hands in the air and Aguni was 'elected' the new leader of the Beach.

"Well then, boss, it's time to move on with the succession ceremony and open that black envelope."

"What's the black envelope?" Kurenai asked, whispering to Chishiya.

Although he was not present when the Beach was first established, he was told when he became an executive member. Kurenai probably never heard of the black envelope because she was a late addition. And perhaps because Hatter never wanted to let her know about the existence of the black envelope.

"The black envelope...the cards are gathered by all members of the Beach, and they are kept in a safe in Hatter's royal suite room. The passcode to that safe is kept and sealed inside the black envelope. The envelope is opaque and kept in utmost secrecy, and can only be opened when there is a new number one.

"The new number one will check the passcode alone in front of all the executive members. Then, he will place the paper with the passcode written on it into a new envelope and seal it again. It will then be signed by all executive members before it's stashed away again."

As Chishiya explained, the executive members were brought into another room as Aguni opened the black envelope. They could not see what was written on the paper itself, but they could see Aguni's expression.

That minute expression of confusion was caught by Kurenai the second Aguni checked the contents of the envelope. Something was not right. She looked at Chishiya though he did not look back at her. Instead, he placed a hand on her thigh and pat gently, as if to tell her not to say anything.

Once Aguni replaced the letter into a new envelope, he sealed it with Hatter's ring and passed the envelope around the table for them to sign.

--

Back in Arisu's room after the meeting, they were finally getting their plan in motion.

"First, Arisu will infiltrate the royal suite," Chishiya said, telling them the exact plan and each of their personal roles. "He'll look for the safe and steal all the cards inside."

"What about the passcode?"

"I have an idea," Chishiya smiled, passing a walkie-talkie to Arisu. "But I'll tell you when you find the safe."

"You're really cautious."

"Usagi and Kuina will be on the lookout. Kurenai will be with me."

"This is too dangerous. If we get caught, we'll be killed."

Usagi was never a fan of the plan to begin with, when Arisu first told her of it. She never thought they could trust three people they just met at this mad place, and now that they were finally doing it, she was starting to see just how ridiculously dangerous the plan was.

"It's the only way to change the current situation," Arisu said, obviously determined.