𝐈.𝐗𝐈

SUIT

Darla looked at herself in the mirror, part of her couldn't help but feel ashamed for wearing the suit. She had already let down so many people.

Her hands ran down the dark red suit. The top swooped down in a v-neck, her collar folded over carefully. Her pants although baggy, fit perfectly, showing off the girls natural curves. The knee high boots tided so tightly that they almost restricted blood flow. Her gun sat perfectly in the waist band of her pants.

Her eyes flickered up to the mirror and noticed the man stood in the corner leant against the door way. He wore his very own suit.

"Cap." Darla whispered. She noticed the way his eyes flickered up and down her, but she didn't say anything.

"You ready to go?" He questioned standing up straight. Darla hummed in response as he lead them to the jets.

Both Clint and Natasha walked behind the pair as they boarded the jets. The pilot looked up to the four with furrowed brows.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorised to be in here." The pilot said attempting to be intimidating.

"Son, just don't." Steve said raising his hand slightly. Darla stifled a laugh at the pilot, whose mouth had fallen agape. Darla sarcastically waved to the pilot and watched as he left the jet.

"What are you doing?" Clint questioned the blonde girl as he watched her pull a flask out from her pocket. He waited for the girl to finish whatever contents were inside.

"Drinking." She whispered. "Stops the voices. I don't want to know who's dying this time." She paused noticing their alarmed faces. "If anyone."

"Well that fills me with so much confidence." Muttered Natasha.

~

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast." Natasha said over the comms.

"What? Did you stop for a drive-through?" Tony questioned sarcastically. Darla chuckled slightly at the mans quick response. "Swing up Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." Tony said as he was currently being chased by the Chitauri.

Darla looked over to Steve who held onto the rails at the top of the jet, so that he didn't fall. She chuckled at the man but watched as Natasha fired at the Chitauri.

Natasha and Clint flew the jet around the Stark tower, where Clint noticed both Loki and Thor fighting.

"Nat." Clint tilted the jet so they could get a better look. Loki was currently on top of Thor.

"I see him." Muttered Natasha as she began to fire at Loki, only for Loki to blast the jet with his scepter. The jet shook side to side, Steve tightly griped Darla's waist as the jet spiralled down to the ground before crashing into a building.

Natasha opened the doors so they could all leave the jet, thankfully none of them were hurt.

"We got to get back up there." Steve said as he ran out. The four all looked up to the Stark tower. Everyone was screaming and running in different directions, buildings were on fire and some were falling apart brick by brick.

"What the fuck is that?" Darla questioned as she watched the Chitauri army entered the wormhole and come into manhattan.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve questioned in shock.

"Seeing. Still working on believing." Tony answered. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" Steve asked in confusion.

"Just keep me posted." Tony requested.

Darla looked around Manhattan, in completely shock. It was the last place she had expected to be invaded by aliens. Steve pulled Darla down and hid behind a taxi with both Natasha and Clint.

"We've got civilians still trapped up here." Clint motioned up to a building.

"Loki." Steve muttered as he and a few Chitauri flew past them, blowing up every car and building that they could see. "They're fish in a barrel down there."

"We got this. It's good. Both of you go." Natasha nodded towards both Steve and Darla.

"Do you think you can hold them off?" Steve questioned shouting at Clint.

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." Clint answered as he pulled out his bow and arrow.

"Let's go." Darla said as she ran and jumped over the railings, landing on top of a bus, followed by Steve. The pair were being shot at by the Chitauri, but they always managed to dodge it.

One blast sent the pair flying, Steve covered both himself and Darla with his shield from the blaze.

Steve jumped up and began running once again. Darla let out a deep sigh.

"I wish I was a super soldier." She muttered breathlessly.

Darla's eyes flickered towards the NYPD, who had their guns raised at both her and Steve.

"You need men in these buildings. There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire. You take them to the basements or through the subway. You keep them off the streets."

The blondes eyes widened once she saw her brother running towards them.

"D? What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Don't tell mom?" She jumped down from the car and pulled her older brother into a hug. She lightly pushed the boy back, "Since when we're you a cop?"

"Don't tell mom?" He said fearfully. Their mother hated the idea of her son being a cop. Especially with all the violence that followed it. Briar moved to New York to pursue his dreams of being an officer, he didn't expect to see his sister in Manhattan when she lived in Brooklyn.

"Agreed." She nodded. "Briar, we need a perimeter as far back as 39th."

"Why the hell should I take orders from you two?" The officer asked Steve. As if on queue, two Chitauri landed on the same car as Steve and he ended up killing both of them in front of the officers.

Darla stepped forward and whispered to the officer,

"That's why."

"I need men in those buildings. Lead the people down and away from the streets. We're going to set up a perimeter all the way down to 39th street." The officer said with a nod.

"You stay safe yeah?" Darla questioned looking up to her brother.

"Is that Captain America?" Briar whispered in a state of shock making Darla let out a half hearted chuckle.

"Sir." Steve saluted. "Darla? You coming?"

"Yeah, yeah. Stay safe Briar. I mean it." She pointed to the man. Although he was older, she still felt more protective over him.

"You too D." He shouted and watched as his sister ran off with Captain America.