Origins: Part 1

Y/n's POV

"You really mean it?"
"Yes, I do. As my only daughter, I've realised that I can't shield you forever. One day you'll take ownership of the company and when that day comes, I suppose having decent social skills would prove advantageous."
Grinning ear to ear I try my best to contain my excitement but fail in doing so as my arms fold around my father in a hug. Sighing in defeat, the uptight male hugs back, brushing my h/c locks with his fingers as he does so.
"You'll be starting at UA in a couple of weeks. Sanka has already begun ordering your booklist."
Releasing his hold in a slightly awkward fashion, he reaches for the gold coloured doorknob.
"Remember to eat something for dinner. I have a call in ten minutes, try to keep it down."
I sigh lightly as father closes my bedroom door with a soft 'click'.

I can't remember the last time father and I ate together. Over the past year he's been diving into his work further and further... Despite the extra traction this has gained the Tachiagaru corporation in the past few months, no matter how lavish the bed I sleep in thanks to him... I still feel cold.

Dropping my body into my swivel chair, I push myself backwards with my feet, smiling slightly at my lazy alternative to walking to my desk. Pulling open the top draw to my right, I pull out the tiny cherry coloured box I kept my mother's earring in. Popping to lid open, I carefully take the onyx stud between my fingers. Rolling it back and forth, a feeling of content washes over me.

The thought of my mother always seems to bring me comfort. I suppose over time this ritual of fiddling with the piece of jewellery became a stress reliever of sorts.

The earring itself is rather beautiful, something I've never seen anything else like. A single bead of onyx surrounded by an intricate trim of gold. A design so simple, yet left unused by any jeweller I've seen in my fifteen years of life.
It's a shame that I'm yet to recover its partner. When I had found the jewel roughly a year ago, but am yet to inform father. I truely want to say something to him, but at the same time my own selfish desire to have something of my mother's close to me crushes that urge. If I were to give it up, there's a big chance I'd never see it again.
Laughing a little to myself, I realise how similar my father and I really are in moments like this. It's pretty sucky that in almost every other aspect we are so different, making it difficult to bond on set subjects.

ping!

My phone's screen lights up, prompting me to put the earring back carefully before checking my notifications.

"Instagram comment spam... game notification...Twitter... grandma!" Mumbling, I tap the message to take a better look.

-[5 unread messages]-

Greatest Great Gran ❤: I habe something for yu, com downstage

*haave

*have

*for you, come downstairs.

Have I told you how much I hate your father's phones?

Laughing a little to myself, I reply.

Me: Haha

Be down in a minute, love you gran!

Taking the slick touchscreen Tachiagaru corp device in my palm, I slip it into the pocket of my jeans before reaching for my Dr. Martens boots and coat.

------

Denki's POV

"You have to admit, she's stunning." I nudge my raven haired friend with my elbow, distracting him from the sidewalk infront of us for a moment as a dorky smile forms on my face.
He grins, rolling his eyes and puching the phone from his face. "Is this going to turn into another one of your online simping phases?"
"You know he can't help it, it's in his nature." Kirishima snickers as I pout.
"He's shooting all the damn shots he has because he knows no one at UA wants him 'cause he hangs out with that disgusting small fry." Bakugo grumbles, his hands pushed deep into his pockets as he walks ahead of the group.

Shrugging off the moody male's remark, I see Ashido poke her head from behind Kirishima's shoulder and shoots me a closed-eyed smile.
"There's a rumour going around that the Y/n Tachiagaru, daughter of Kan Tachiagaru is enrolling in a school in our area~." The pinkette grins mischievously.
"Tachiagaru... as in Tachiagaru corp?"
She nods in response, her smile never leaving her face.
Sero pokes at my shoulder, "a trust fund baby, huh?"
His teasing is quickly silenced by a certain pomeranian-esk male.
"Stop objectifying women, you shit stains! Are we going in or not?" He gestures to our destination, the brightly lit arcade to our left.
It's the only place we could really get him to agree to come to, his competitive nature overpowering his edgy 'I don't need friends, they disappointed me' facade.

A plaful smirk finds its way to my lips. "I'm going to destroy you at air hockey, bomber man."