epilogue

Dear Harry,

You're sleeping beside me so peacefully, I'm almost too scared to breathe because I don't want you to wake up and ruin the perfection of you being relaxed and care-free beside me.

I'm sore all over, but it was worth it for the best wedding night a man could have asked for. You were amazing, love, I hope you won't kill me for making your back ache tomorrow.

I remember that year when we first came together, when we were bound by that potion. I pretended to hate it, but secretly I was relieved that I'd no longer have to be alone. Your presence made my life so much better, Harry Malfoy, and now I'm the luckiest man alive because I'll have it forever.

I could never have guessed that I'd grow to marry my own enemy, but times change.

We shared so many memories together: like the time when I broke into your relatives' house and set it on fire. You can admonish me for it all you want, but you know it was positively hilarious: when the news of Pansy dying in Azkaban came and you cried in my arms with the guilt. It broke my heart, but it also showed me what an absolutely pure-hearted man you are. After all she did, you still found it in you to feel so hurt and ashamed, when it was never even your fault.

You changed me, Harry Malfoy (no I won't stop milking the fact you chose MY surname over yours). I am a better man, and I improve every day because of you. If it hadn't been for you, I would have succumbed to darkness years ago.

I'll make you read this letter every time you doubt my love for you, which you seem to do a lot.

Because I love you so much, Harry.

Yours,

Draco.