Chapter 12- People suck

School on Monday wasn't fun. Miguel was still healing from his injuries, so moving around was hard for him. Y/N tried to help him as much as she could throughout the day, but they only had two classes and lunch together. Miguel's injuries weren't the only bad thing to come from the dance. Every time Aisha walked by someone, they make a snorting sound, like a pig, or made some rude comment.

Aisha had texted Y/N and told her what was going on, and Y/N had, of course, tried to help her as best as she could, but even she couldn't stop the mean people. Y/N had even witnessed it first hand when she decided to wait near Aisha's locker to talk with her. As Aisha was walking down the stairs, people were laughing at her and snorting. Aisha just kept a stoic face.

Sam, noticing this as well, joined Y/N at Aisha's locker. "Hey," Y/N said softly to Aisha. "How're you feeling?" Sam asked. "I've gone viral. How do you think I am?" Aisha retorted. "Look, they're mean, but they have short memories. They'll forget." Sam said in an attempt to reassure her. "Yeah. Well, I'm not gonna forget." She said, slamming her locker close and walking away. The two girls sighed. "So how're you, Sam?" Y/N asked. "I'm ok. I just feel bad about Aisha." Sam replied.

"Yeah, me too. All we can do is be there for her."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Listen, I was thinking since I haven't been to your house in a while and your dad wants to practice karate, why don't we hang out tonight?"

"I'm sorry I can't. I have a date with Kyler."

"Oh alright."

"How about tomorrow?"

"Sure I'd love that!"

"I like your jacket."

Y/N looked down at the salmon-colored hoodie and laughed. "This isn't even mine I forgot I still had this." "Whose is it?" Sam asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. "It's Miguel's. I had stayed at his house and he let me borrow some clothes. I forgot to return them." She replied.

"Mhm."

"I'm serious! I had to stay with him after-"

"After what?"

"Uh, nothing, never mind. I gotta go. I'm meeting some people in the library."

"Ok bye. I'll see you later."

Y/N waved at her before jogging off to the library. As much as Y/N hated Kyler, she cared about Sam and, she didn't want to mess up her relationship. Y/N reached the library and scanned the room before finding the boys sitting at a table in the back. She walked over and took a seat next to Miguel. "Hey, guys." She said, pulling out some homework. "Hey Y/N." They replied in unison. "Miguel was telling us about what happened on Friday," Eli stated. "Oh yeah. Our sensei decided to close the dojo." Y/N said dryly.

"So, that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked, looking between the two. "I guess so," Miguel replied. "It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your guys' confidence." Demetri stated. Y/N and Miguel exchanged a confused look. "Isn't that a good thing?" Y/N asked. "No. What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?" Demetri said, looking down. "Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler." Eli piped up.

"Are you insane? Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?" Demetri asked, his eyes darting around the group. "Super strength," Miguel answered quickly. "Wrong," Demetri replied. "Telepathy?" Y/N tried. "Wrong. Invisibility. A distant second would be super speed to run away fast." Demetri answered. "Runaway from who?"

Y/N turned around to see Kyler and his friend, Brucks, standing behind Eli, smirks on their faces. Y/n didn't feel scared like she did last time she saw him. No, she felt pure anger. "Whom. It's the object of a preposition. Remember English class." Brucks corrected. "We were just leaving," Miguel said, quickly grabbing his stuff, the boys doing the same. Y/N, on the other hand, just stood out of her chair, glaring at Kyler. Kyler grabbed Eli by the back of his neck and pulled him to him.

"Hey, where you going? Oh, look at this freak." He said, making Brucks laugh. "What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?" Kyler insulted, examining Eli's lip. "Leave him alone Kyler," Y/N growled. Kyler turned to Y/N and shoved Eli back a bit. "What'd you say?" He asked, getting close to Y/N. "You heard me. Leave us alone." She spat. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"I beat your ass once. Doesn't mean I can't do it again."

"The bum isn't here to protect you."

"I seem to remember beating your ass without his help. And he's not a bum. He's a better man than you'll ever be."

"You better watch it."

Y/N let out a humorless laugh. "Oh no Kyler, YOU better watch it. You bother us again and I may let it slip to Sam and her dad that you aren't the nice guy you pretend to be." She said, a malicious grin on her face. Kyler's eyes widened for a quick second. "Whatever man just get you and your loser friends out of here." He said. "Gladly." She snapped.

As she was gathering her things, the boys started walking out of the library when Kyler grabbed Demetri's backpack. "Hey, you don't want this shit." He said, raising the bag over the trashcan. "No, come on. Not the trash." Demetri pleaded. Kyler shoved him back and dropped the bag in. "I just threw a yogurt in there."

"Now it's double-dip." Kyler mocked. Demetri pulled his backpack out and groaned seeing it was covered in yogurt. He slumped out of the room, making Y/N feel angrier. As she was walking out of the library, she kicked the back of Kyler's knee make him buckle to the ground. Before Brucks could realize what just happened, she did the same thing to him, making him fall as well. Y/N gave a triumphant smile and started to walk away when she noticed Sam watching. "Nice boyfriend you've got there." Y/N spat before walking out of the library after the boys.
----------------------------------------------------------
Y/N was laying on the couch, flipping through the different channels. She felt her eyes getting heavy when she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. Confused at who would be calling her at this hour, she checked it to see it was Sam.

"Hello?"

"Hey Y/N."

"Hey Sam, you sound upset. What's wrong?"

"You were right. Kyler is a jerk."

"Do you need me to come over?"

"Please."

"Ok, I'll be there in 20 minutes."

Y/N hung up the phone and quickly pulled on some shoes and Miguel's hoodie. She also grabbed some spare clothes, just in case she ended up spending the night. After grabbing her keys and her wallet, she walked out of the apartment to see Johnny walking away from Miguel's. "Hey, sensei. You alright?" She called. His head snapped up at her voice and his eyes lit up when he saw her. "I'm fine. And you'll be happy to hear that I'm reopening the dojo." He stated. Y/N squealed. "Yay! Thank you." 

She quickly hugged him before letting go and walking over to her bike. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Just to a friend's house. She and her boyfriend had a bad breakup so I'm going to go make sure she's alright." Y/N replied. "Are you sure you should be going out this late?" He asked worriedly. "Don't worry I'll be fine dad." She answered. Wait, did she just call him dad? Y/N's eyes widened as she realized what she just said.

Johnny's jaw became slack. "D-did you just call me dad?" He stammered, making sure he heard her right. "I-uh. I gotta go!" She yelled before pedaling as fast as she could out of the apartment complex, leaving a very confused and conflicted Johnny in her wake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N Y/N calling Johnny dad? Let's see where this goes ;)