Chapter 48

Lia's POV

The operating room swayed open so I immediately stood up. The Doctor walk to my direction.

"D-doctor. Is she o-okay?"

"Unnie! Unnie! What happen?"

"Are you the family?" the doctor ask

"I'm the patient's mother"

My head quickly turn on the side. I just notice the woman chae and yuna is with.

Ryujin's mom..

"Is my daughter okay?"

"We successfully manage to take the bullet out from her left chest.." the doctor started "but"

"But what?" yeji ask

"The bullet hit a lager blood vessel inside of her which takes up more damage"

My hands started trembling again. Yeji slips her hand on mine and hold it.

"A-and what does it mean?" I ask

"The patient is in shock right now"

Again, My world fell apart. 

"She's in state of Hemorrhagic shock, this occurs when the body begins to shut down due to large amount of blood loss" the doctor added "Because of this, the patients condition is still under observation"

"Please do everything for my daughter doctor"

The doctor nodded and went back to the operating room.

I hugged yeji as soon as the doctor left.

"Sshhh"

"W-what t-to do now y-yeji?" I ask

After an hour, ryujin was transferred to a new room. Yeji and the others get inside to check on ryujin. I stay sitted on the outside as I'm still afraid to see ryujin being like this.

What am I going to do now? Ryujin is in shock. And it's all my fault, I was too weak to the bring her on my own. I was too scared.

I wipe the sides of my eyes.

"Sweetie.."

I look up and saw ryujin's mom. She sat beside me and held my hand.

"I-I'm s-sorry.." I said "This is all my f-fault"

"Please don't say that, it's not your fault"

"I'm r-really sorry.."

Ryujin's mom smiled and suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"This is not the kind of place where I wanted to meet you" she started "but, I'm so happy to finally meet the one who lead me back to my daughter. Thank you so much for not giving up in ryujin"

"B-but -"

"Sssh, it's not your fault"

She break the hug between us and smiled again.

"Thank you lia" she said "Do you want to get inside?"

"M-maybe later.."

She nodded and went inside the room. Yeji, chae and yuna in exchange exited ryujin's room.

"Lia, you should go home for now" yeji said "You need rest"

"I can't. I don't want to. I'm staying up tonight."

"Are you sure?" she ask

I nodded to them.

"We will be back later, we will bring you clothes and food"

"Thank you yeji.."

"Are you sure you will be okay unnie?"

"I will" I responded and smile

After that they leave the hospital.

"Yes mom. I'm staying for the night. Yeah, love you too"

I ended the call and enter ryujin's room. The room is so quiet, except for the heart rate monitor. I walk too ryujin's bed and hold her hand.

"L-love.."

Seeing her right now with all the equipment really make me scared. I sitted at the chair on her right and hold her hand again.

"I met your mom earlier babe, you really had her sweet smile. We did it, we finally found her"

I kissed her hand and put it on my cheeks "Please, wake up love"

"Please don't give up. I-I need y-you. I love y-you so m-much ryu"

Please..

Yeji's POV

"Babe, hurry up!"

"Baby, isn't this too much flowers? Ryujin isn't dead yet"

"YEJI!"

"Sorry"

"That's not a good joke. How could you joke in this serious situation!"

I'm just trying to lift up the mood.

We are walking down to ryujin's room and I keep on bumping on each sides because I can't see what's ahead. Chae brought this big bouquet of flowers.

"Babe, wait for me. BABE!"

"Ssssh!"

I immediately zip my mouth when we enter ryujin's room. Chae get the flowers from me and put it somewhere.

"She must have cried herself to sleep again"

I look at lia, she's sleeping and resting her head on ryujin's bed while holding ryujin's hand.

"Is there any update of who might do this to ryujin?"

I shake my head "We're still waiting for reports"

It would be impossible if it's still that person we dump in front of the police station, I'm sure he's already imprisoned. And ryujin told me she already cut up all ties on that man so were sure he can't order anyone to harm lia anymore.

Now the question is, who would do this to her?