chapter 54

Me, Steve, Nat and Scott went to dad's house. He was holding Morgan and was bringing her inside when he saw us coming out of the car.

"Y/N!" Morgan called and I waved at her. I smiled at dad and he smiled back. Nat nodded her head at him and he nodded back. We went inside.

~~~~~

Dad handed me a drink and I took a sip.

"No. We know what it sounds like"

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?"

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale... Which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" dad asked.

"Yeah" I replied and he handed Steve a drink.

"In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home" dad said.

"I did" Scott said.

"No. You accidentally survived. It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a... What do you call it?" dad asked, handing Scott a drink.

"A time heist?" Scott says proudly.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course. Why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable. Because it's a pipe dream" dad says.

"The stones are in the past. We could go back, we could get them" Steve says.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back" Nat says, looking at Steve.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" dad said.

"I don't believe we would" Steve said.

"Gotta say it. I sometimes miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help... If there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist" dad took a seat "I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise"

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel" Scott took a seat next to dad  "Alright? It means no talking to our past selves... No betting on sporting events"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott" dad put a hand forward to stop Scott talking "Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe... Is based on Back To The Future?" dad asked, leaning forward a bit "Is it?"

"No"

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that would be horseshit" dad said and I chuckled "That's not how quantum physics works"

"Tony" Nat called "We have to take a stand"

"We did stand. And yet, here we are"

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, 2 daughters. But I lost someone very important to me. A lotta people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back... To bring everyone back, and you're telling me that you won't even-" Scott said but dad interrupted him.

"That's right, Scott. I won't even. I can't" dad said. There were small foot steps.

"Mommy told me to come and save you and Y/N"

"Good job. I'm saved" dad said.

"What about Y/N" Morgan asks, looking at me.

"I'm saved too. Thanks Morgan" I say and smile at her. She comes to me and gives me a hug. I pick her up.

"I wish you would come here to ask me something else. Anything else" dad says and gets up "I'm honestly happy to see you guys, I just... Oh, look, the table's set for 6"