30I Alliance

Third person POV

Samuel Williams. An average name, that holds more power than possibly expected.

Behind that mask of an average man, living an average life, stood the American mafia heir. Nephew of David Williams, he was destined to become the next leader to the American mafia.

So, of course, everything he knew in his life toppled as he discovered the unexpected death of his uncle.

Samuel himself was the one to discover the body. Beaten, bruised and bloodied, covered in scars and burns, teeth knocked out and a bullet wound in his forehead, David was found resting in the trashcan outside Samuel's house.

A long with his body was a note, belonging to the Don of the Italian mafia, Roman Bianchi, saying how he proposed a meeting between the two mafias. In his note, Roman explained how he was the one to kill David, but he didn't want a war, and was driven to it through harsh reasons.

So that was why, only a few days later, Samuel Williams found himself sat in his main business building, a desk and two chairs opposite him, guard stood by the foot as he fiddled with the cuff of his sleeve.

You could say he was nervous, considering how powerful the Italian mafia were known to be.

He himself was merely twenty, inexperienced and thrown into a position of power with no warning. He wasn't at all prepared for his roll, either, as David was extremely distant to his nephew and rarely ever had time for him.

Glancing at his watch, Samuel watched the second hand tick passed the eleven, landing on the twelve just as there was a loud knock on the door.

The guard stood next to it reached out and graciously pulled it open, revealing Roman and his oldest son, Damon.

Instantly, Samuel straightened in his seat, gesturing for the two to sit.

He found himself sweating, wanting more than anything to reach up and adjust his tie, or straighten his suit, but not wanting to appear unprofessional, Samuel remained fiddling with his cuff, hidden under the table.

Without so much as a single word spoken, Roman proceeded to take Samuel's invatation as he strode across the room and sank into the seat.

His son, Damon followed his lead and slipped into the seat beside his father. The guard remained stood by the now closed door, to make sure Samuel remained safe.

Of course, this was Samuel's most trusted guard, as this meeting was sure to be important and he didn't want a leak in his own mafia.

"Roman Bianchi?" the American Don asked after a pause, earning a stiff nod from the other man. "And Damon Bianch-"

"You know who we are," Damon cut in. "Now, are we getting down to business or are we going to continue the small talk?"

Shifting in his seat, Samuel let out a small cough, trying to pull as much confidence into him as he could. "I should be the one asking the questions. You killed my uncle!"

It was clear that Samuel had no experience in the field of questioning what so ever, only adding to his whole innocent look, especially since he was only twenty.

"I am aware you're new to this position of command, but emotions will get you nowhere within this discussion. Just allow us to explain," Roman spoke coldly.

Despite this being a meeting, Roman couldn't help but feel the need to correct Samuel's mistake as he felt slightly sympathetic towards the man. He highly doubted any of this was easy for him.

Samuel didn't say a word, but leaned back in his chair, which was enough indication for the two men opposite him to begin.

"Before you label us to be the one's in the wrong, David broke one of our most important rules. He abused a child to get to us. He got his men to kidnap her when she was five, and put her through the horrors of the foster system, all the while making sure to keep an eye on her. Only a year ago, he adopted her, only to abuse and torture the thirteen year old. He then proceeded to make sure we found her again, and allowed us to become closer, until he once again kidnapped and abused her for a few days before we found him. He did all this because he wanted to start a mafia war, believing you would win and we would never come back from our loss. He didn't care if he died, as long as you remained the strongest mafia and we became weak, powerless and defenceless," Roman spoke.

The man allowed Samuel to soak in what he had said, seeing the unmasked shock resting on the Don's face at this explanation.

Samuel, of course, could barely fathom this news, spoken so quickly. He didn't doubt the cruelty of his uncle, but he didn't expect David to go so far.

"But there's more," Damon continued. "He broke her ribs, he left her in a coma for a week or so, he carved words on her back with a knife and he fractured and sprained many bones within the time before we found her again. Worst of all, he raped her. Your uncle took a thirteen year old girls virginity. Granted, she was almost fourteen, but that shouldn't make a difference. My little sister has been diagnosed with mild PTSD and anxiety, purely because your uncle wanted to start a mafia war. When we found her only around a week ago, she had a knife stuck in her chest, a damaged airway, and many cuts and small fractures. That's why we killed him."

Samuel could barely understand what he was hearing. To be told something so bluntly, as though this wasn't his uncle they were talking about, left him in complete and untter shock.

"Y- you're lying," the poor man stuttered out, disbelieving towards this revelation.

"I'm not. You can even check the hospital records if you don't believe me. You're uncle did this," Roman spat coldly, trying to bury the pure loathing he felt.

"B- but my uncle wouldn't-"

"If you knew your uncle, then you would have known how ruthless he could be. Do you think he cared whether the person he was abusing was a child or not? No," Damon cut in, annoyance bubbling within him at the incompetence of this man.

"Then I'm sorry," Samuel breathed out in shock. "I'm so sorry for what my uncle put your sister through."

There was a pin drop silence in which nobody dared to speak, the trio all feeling deflated after the intensity of the last few minutes.

"So you understand why we did it? Why we killed your uncle?" Roman finally spoke up.

Truth be told, Samuel Williams had never cared much for his uncle. They rarely talked, and when they did, it was purely for businesses. He also knew that David was a vile man, only adding to the contempt he felt for his uncle who relentlessly placed so much pressure on him despite his young age.

"I do, and trust me on this, I'll not give my dead uncle the satisfaction of starting a mafia war. Instead, I'd like to sign an alliance," Samuel stated firmly.

This was the best news Damon and Roman could have hoped to hear.

The American and Italian mafias were easily the largest and most powerful in the world, and the fact the Don's were about to form an alliance with each other surely made them immortal for years to come.

"We'll happily sign," Roman said, unable to help a small smile to flicker across his face despite his business- like facade.

"Shall we meet again this time on Sunday? That way we can prepare and sort out the paperwork before hand," Samuel suggested.

Admittedly, the American Don felt intimidated. At just twenty, he was insecure being in the same room as someone who was a lot older and held a lot more experience, especially when said people were leaders of a mafia.

However, maybe that was one of the reasons he wanted this alliance. Not to disregard his uncle's wishes, but to rather feel like he now had some guidance, and would be in the hands of someone who could act as a mentor for him.

"Of course. That will be perfect. Thank you very much for this meeting, and I'm greatly looking forwards to this alliance," Roman said, adding a swift nod.

"Thank you for meeting with me, and once again, I apologise for my uncle. I wish your sister good health," Samuel smiled, leaving both Damon and Roman without a doubt that he had pure intentions.

"Goodbye, Mr Williams."

"Please. Call me Samuel."

Bit of business for you there cuz why not. And you're welcome for the double update 😜

-Elin