115 | our friends

Jungkook's POV

"I love you." She finally says without blinking. 

This is it.

The moment I've been anticipating for a while. 

She didn't say 'I love you too'. She didn't casually just return me a favor and that's when I knew.

Nobody can love me like her. 

Scratch that. Nobody can love like her.

So wholeheartedly and completely. There's no need for her to use her lips, her mouth, her tongue, those delicate fingertips. She doesn't need to use touch to show me that she loves me, because it's just there. All this time her devotion and adoration was radiating from within her like a beacon and I was attracted to the light like a moth to those gentle, welcoming flames of hers. I didn't care if I would get burnt and even if I did, I would rather feel the pain than feel nothing at all. 

For the first time feeling doesn't hurt. And it was worth risking everything for.

I didn't have to hurt myself in order to feel something either nor did I have to hurt myself to cover pain. Because there wasn't any pain to begin with.

Being with Elena is just this.

Her and me. 

There's only us.

There are times that I completely forget who I am, or who I used to be, specifically. She embraces literally everything that makes me who I am and even though she knows that I was molded in a way that my edges could cut her deeply, she still finds it in her to forgive me. However, she isn't an idiot. This woman is a fighter. Even when I am wrong, she will point it out one way or another. She hasn't forgotten what I did to her, yet she uses the pain I inflicted as fuel to add to her already blazing fire. She burns so luminiously and she's unaware of it, so I would gladly remind her that every chance I get. 

For once the flames didn't burn my fingers when my fingertips grazed it. 

Instead they encompassed me in their sweet warmth.

I don't deserve her.

Nobody does. 

There isn't another human alive that's worthy of Elena Thorne. Because, she doesn't simply exist in a gray world. She doesn't just paint it with her emotions or when she makes art while dancing gracefuly or when she's just casually walking down the street with her bag slung over her shoulder in her warm fuzzy sweaters and her soft coats. Hell, her soul is more vibrant than anything I've ever created and even when I attempted to mirror everything I saw in her on a blank canvas it still wouldn't be perfect. 

She is beautiful in every single little detailed flaw that makes her who she is. She finds beauty in little things and I find that beautiful about her. I love her so much that my chest aches when she's next to me. Like buildings falling apart inside me or fucking cities collapsing deep in my core ready to bury me alive. She's so alluring and so fucking beautiful it causes shivers to rain down upon my spine.

But then she's there with her sweet smile and her sweet embrace and everything is suddenly okay.

"Told you." I can't help but smile as I lift my body off the marble bench. I draw her close so that I can kiss her as in to pour every single emotion I have in me into her and sealing the promise we just made to one another. "I knew you'd say it soon." 

Elena stands on her tiptoes in an attempt to kiss me but I purposefully keep my head up as I watch her feeble attempts to aim for my lips, but instead she kisses my chin. "Let's just go out and chill with our friends." She chimes. "They'll be wondering why we disappeared for so long."