xcv. boromir's return

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬
❝ 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒓'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA DISTINCTLY REMEMBERED A TIME when she was not but a child, less than the age of mere fifteen

VERA DISTINCTLY REMEMBERED A TIME when she was not but a child, less than the age of mere fifteen. It was a memory so vague and distant that she doubt it even happened, but the nagging feeling at the back of her head told her otherwise. The scene before her was confirmation of the thought.

It was like watching something that wasn't real — a fever dream, if you will — where everything was hazy and foggy, and Vera can barely decipher the vision. She has no recollection of what happened before, or why she is even here, but she found herself uncaring. There was no urgency within her that pleaded for a response to the curiosity, which was momentary bewilderment for her.

Her attention drifted to pressing matters, such as the one displayed before her. She can immediately recognize the stillness serenity of the water surrounding her, and sighed in pure bliss at the comforting embrace it accompanied naturally. Water always was a part of who Vera was and nothing could ever change that. Immediately, Vera recognized the outer borders of Atlantis just around the corner, the golden shine illuminating in the sunlight under the surface of the sea. A faint tug in her heart signified how much she missed the kingdom of riches but the identifiable voice of another caught her attention once more.

"Corin! You promised you would help me fight!" little Vera complains angrily to the laughing figure of a merboy swimming speedily away.

Shock settles in Vera's system. Was she watching...herself? No matter how odd the situation was, though, Vera was merely accepting it as it went; she had been through a lot more out worldly incidences. If it meant watching her younger self in what seemed to be a memory, then so be it.

This did help Vera understand better though; she was not conscious, nor was she quite lucid.

It was strange and out of the ordinary for Vera to see herself as a youth, which she registered after spotting the grey tail she adorned; Vera was known for her unorthodox tail during her younger years, and nothing could mistake it for another. It was what symbolized her as a royal.

Vera doesn't remember this certain memory...

"Do not cry, Vera, I would love to teach you how to fight!" responds Corin, circling young Vera tauntingly, who folded her arms and pouted angrily.

"Then why do you refuse to do so?" she snapped.

Vera smiled.

"Because your brother would kill me," answered Corin simply.