Chapter Twenty

Silence is all that can be heard through the meeting room of the avengers compound upon Loki's words, the only sound that can be heard, the distant hum of machinery from down the hall. The room is crowded, each and every avengers team member standing behind the table as they watch Loki's mischievous grin grow even wider.

It's Peter who finally breaks the silence, standing up from in his seat and glancing back and forth between Tony, then Loki and then me. "What did you just say?" He asks, his mind not quite comprehending anything that's been said in the space of the past few minutes. Loki was his father? Did that mean that Loki had been... with his mum? Ew, so gross.

The smirk on Loki's face twists, the playful mischief that was once there morphing into a devilish grin that can only mean one thing. Trouble. His feet swiftly carry him past Tony and over to my side, the shock from the others making it much easier for him to grab me from within their grasp. As his cold hands collide with the warmth of my skin, I flinch backwards. His touch is searing, my skin burning to run away but my body too weak to comply. Instead, my body drops into Loki's grasp as he tears me from Nat's protective bubble.

"Hey, woah!" Tony shouts at Loki, stepping forward as if to stop him only to come to a halt when Loki points his sceptre outward. It's sharp point rests in the air, threatening anyone who dares come closer with certain pain. "Okay, okay. I'm backing away." Tony's voice is calm, his hands raising in surrender as his feet shuffle back across the floor slowly, curving his pathway around the edge of Loki in a large circle. "Just let her go okay?"

"Not gonna happen." Loki smirks, tightening his grip on my weak body as I gasp in pain, my ribs crunching beneath his godly strength. "I'm not going to let anyone take her from me again." He growls the words, his lips curling into a twisted scowl just as his eyes darken. Without moving his sceptre from its warning position, Loki bends his cold lips closer to my ear, whispering a chant in my ear as a wave of exhaustion washes over me.

"What are you doing?" Tony's voice is now panicked, his eyes wide and fixed upon my frame even as Loki lets me fall to the floor. My vision blurs when my palms collide with the cold, wooden floors with a loud smack. It doesn't take more than a few moments before my head collided with the ground and whatever vision I had left fades to black.

"Mum?!" Peter shouts from the far side of the room, rushing around the table and towards my unconscious body. Before he's able to even make it half way to me though, Loki has stepped in front of him, his simple shake of the head allowing Peter to back off instantly.

"Just a simple spell that means she won't be waking up for a long time." Loki explains, the smirk on his face disappearing as it grows cold and unnerving. He taps his finger against his chin before glancing at Tony with a playful glint in his eyes. He always did love the game of predator and prey but dealing with the preys family was so much more fun. All the pain and torture. It was so... enticing to meddle with. "A bit like that midgardian fairytale, what was it, Sleeping Beauty?" He asks, his voice lacking any jokes at all. He really was serious this time. No tricks. No pranks. This was for real.

"Wake her up." pleads Tony, his voice shaking upon his words as they fall out of his mouth. His chest rises and falls rapidly, his short breaths loud enough for everyone in the room to hear as he glares at Loki. He knew what this was doing to him and yet he still did it. Guess they didn't call him the God of Mischief for nothing then. When Loki makes no movement to undo his mischief, Tony steps even closer to him and curls his fists at the side. "Undo whatever it is you've done to her and wake her up." He spits the words onto Loki's face, the surrendering expression he had earlier folder and darker than before.

"Absolutely not." Loki snaps back, smirking once again at Tony's emotions. One problem these midgardian's have is their emotions. They let them control everything they do and then wonder why it is them who end up hurt every single time. It was their emotions that brought them pain and war in the first place. It was also their emotions that allowed him to get inside the compound in the first place. Because emotions cloud peoples judgement. Especially a Midgardians.