Chapter 6

"Oh my God, Cody, you look so handsome!" I giggle out loud. He turns himself in a circle, showing off his new dark blue suit. "I know I'm hot." Cody chuckles with his hands placed in his sides. "I didn't say you were hot though. Just surprised to see you in clean clothes." I say wickedly. "It's because you are my sister, but the other ladies will definitely think I'm hot." Cody winks playfully.

"Carlos, come and look at our beautiful children." I hear mom shouting outside. Mom still thinks we are teenagers sometimes. "Mom, it's not like dad hasn't seen his children before," I respond sheepishly. "Don't ruin the moment Sofia." Mother snapped playfully.

I cross my arms in defense and lean against the kitchen counter. Those heels are already killing me. "What's the matter, sis? Afraid to fall with those heels of yours?" Cody whispers so mom can't hear his response. "Of course not," I hiss. "This isn't the first time I wear heels, dumbass," I add agitated.

"Sofia, where are your manners? Since you moved, your mouth has grown too much to my liking." Mom hissed, but she composed herself when dad entered the room. I hear Cody chuckling beside me. Of course, that brother of mine always slips away under the net. He always brings up the child in me. He can always unlock my inner child with his dumb reactions.

"Sofia, you look as stunning as always. When did my children grow so big." Dad tells us while eyeing both of us closely. "Dad, it's fine. We are not that old." I respond with a wide grin. "No, but soon you'll come home with a husband or a wife and you'll start your own family," Dad explains to us while taking mother's hand in his. "I can't wait for you two to have children." Mom squealed joyfully.

"WoW, children! Let us first find a matching partner, okay?" Cody chuckles. I quickly nod in agreement. That's the first time today, I hear my brother talk like a mature man. Cody is two years younger than me that makes him twenty-one years old. He's still very young to settle himself with another woman, but I know he's ready for that kind of commitment.

"Come on you two, let's pose properly so I can take a picture." Mom holds her finger, ready to press the screen of her phone. "Yeah, Yeah," I whisper in agony. I hate pictures, especially when the picture includes me. I just can't seem to pose in a good, sexy, confident, natural way. Cody smirks at me, laying his arm over my shoulder. "Do not make a fake smile this time," Cody smiles misshievously. I glare at him, my fingers itching to slap his smug face.

I roll with my eyes and turn my attention back to mom, trying to relax my body. "Say cheese," mom smiles cheerfully while dad looks at us with a big smile on his face. "It's all done," Mom says with a bright smile. Cody looks at his watch and makes his way to mom and dad. "We need to go, or else we are going to be late," Cody informs us. I quickly pull on my long black, too expensive coat and take my Guess purse in my hand.

"Have fun you two," Mom tells us, giving us both a kiss on the cheek. "We'll do," Cody answers enthusiastically. "Bye, mom and dad," I say, before seating myself in Cody's grey Volvo. "Since when did you buy a new car?" I ask him curiously. "Since I bought a company." He answers proudly. "I use the car for work." He responds boyishly. "I'm proud of you, brother," I admit softly. "That must have hurt saying that to me?" Cody asks with a frown. "Of course not. I'm truly proud of you." I snap, agitated.

"I'm proud of you too," Cody tells me in a serious tone. "What for?" I question him with a frown. "Because you have followed your dreams as well. You are a therapist now, few people can say that." Cody replied earnestly. "Oh, I worked hard just as you did," I tell him carelessly. "I never studied as much as you did sis. I detested school." Cody informs me softly. "Are you sure about that?" I ask him with a frown. "Yes, of course." He replied, agitated. "I loved chasing girls in school, but that's something entirely different," Cody explains unapologetically.