𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈

SMASH

Somewhere along the line, Darla got split up from Steve, leaving her to fight the Chitauri alone. They came running at her from all different angles, she couldn't even predict their moves because she'd drank, which she was now deeply regretting.

She looked around at them all, her heart racing but she was ready to fight.

"Come on." She whispered spinning around and looking at them all. "COME ON." She shouted.

What Darla was least expecting was a bolt of lightening hitting all the Chitauri around her, instantly killing them. She looked up to Thor who had descended down from the sky.

"Are you alright?" He questioned walking over to the girl and placing his hand on her bicep.

"Never better." She smiled up to the man.

Thor looked down at the girl, she was so young and innocent yet sent into battle with him and the others. All whom had either professional training or some sort of ability which would help them fight.

"Can we go and find Cap?" Darla questioned, she hated the idea of him being out there alone. Thor nodded and ran with the girl to find the man.

Steve noticed Darla and let out a sigh of relief, she was okay. He would have blamed himself if anything happened to her. He lightly tapped her shoulder, making her clench her fist and go to swing for him. But before her fist collided with his face he caught her hand. She looked up to the man and smiled.

"Don't ever do that again." She said lightly pushing him back.

"Sorry." He whispered. "What's the story upstairs?" He asked Thor as he adjusted his shield.

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable." Thor answered.

"Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys." Tony said as he flew past them.

"How do we do this?" Natasha questioned as she looked around at the group.

"As a team." Steve answered honestly. He wanted to make Coulson proud. He knew they would work the best as a team rather than fighting as individuals.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said turning to Steve.

Clint raised his brows,

"Yeah? Well, get in line." He fiddled with one of his arrows as he looked towards Thor.

"Save it. Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to..." Steve trailed off once he heard the faint found of a motorcycle engine.

Darla's eyes flickered to Bruce, who had leant the motorcycle against one of the cars that had previously been flipped over.

"So, this all seems horrible." He said motioning to the streets of Manhattan.

"I've seen worse." Natasha commented.

"Sorry." He apologised. He remembered everything that happened with her and The Hulk.

"No, we could use a little worse." Natasha smirked looking between the others.

"Tony, Banner is here." Darla said over the comms. "Just like you said." And here she was thinking she was the one predicting things.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony responded.

"I don't see how that's a party." Natasha said as she looked at the Chitauri with furrowed brows.

"Dr Banner." Steve shouted as Bruce walked towards the Chitauri. "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"I can throw rocks at you, or annoy you until you get frustrated, it normally works with my siblings." Darla suggested, earning a chuckle from the older man.

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." Bruce said, not even seconds later he turned into The Hulk.

"I'm sorry, that is the coolest thing I've ever seen." Darla grinned and couldn't help but clap. She watched as The Hulk punched the Chitauri, making it flip over but thankfully Tony blasted the Chitauri's tail so it didn't land on the group.

Steve grabbed Darla who was standing and watching in awe, her mouth slightly agape. He used his body to protect the girl and placed his shield to cover their heads as the Chitauri's tail blasted to pieces.

The Chitauri's all roared, making The Hulk roar back. The Avengers all stood up, weapons in hands and ready to fight.

"Guys." Natasha said as she looked up towards the sky.

"Call it Captain." Tony nodded.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash." Steve pointed to everyone as he instructed them on what to do.

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint questioned Tony.

"Right better clench up, Legolas." Tony muttered as he grabbed Clint before blasting off.

"Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightening. Light the bastards up." Steve continued, with that Thor swung his hammer and headed to the top of the Stark tower.

"You, me and Nat, we stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here. And Hulk, smash."

The Hulk smiled and jumped up into the buildings, killing as many of the Chitauri as he could.

"Darla, how close to sober are you?" Steve questioned curiously. If she could predict Loki's next move they'd be at a huge advantage.

"Almost sober. I can hear them, they're just not loud yet." Darla knew what Steve wanted. "I'll tell you when I know Loki's next move."

"That's my girl." Steve smiled as he threw his shield at a Chitauri, instantly beheading it.

Darla's lips parted slightly, she was almost positive Steve hadn't even realised what he said. She couldn't deny the way it made her heart flutter and the blush form on her cheeks.

She shook her head and tried to focus on everything surrounding her now, rather than what Steve had said without thinking twice.

She could focus on Steve later.