Love at First Letter - 16

I couldn't resist updating once more. Because there is a big surprise in this chapter! I've been reading y'alls comments and I think I've put you through enough torture. So without further-a-do, here is chapter 16.

Also! This is dedicated to OceanEyes4Life because of the wonderful comment she left on the last chapter and all of the chapters! I have a core group of you who comment on every chapter and I love you all for that! I look forward to reading your comments every chapter! So thank you so much!

Love at First Letter

Chapter Sixteen

Hazel Tate,

There were complications with the last mission. I am alright, I don't want you to worry about me. I'm not longer in duty, I've been temporarily discharged on grounds of health. I am at home, I've been here for a while now getting better. My sisters are dying to meet you, by the way. They can't stop talking about how their older brother actually knows a famous author. So I promised them I would bring them to meet you, on one stop of your tour, probably the one in Atlanta.

Is it crazy that I'm kind of missing being overseas? I mean I jump when someone claps to loudly but just sitting here in the house is driving me crazy. My family is fussing over me and barely let me leave the house by myself. I know they're just worried about me but it's driving me up a wall.

I look forward to finally seeing you in person.

Brett Tinsley

A Month and a Half Later

They had moved up my tour by six weeks. I didn't know why and I didn't ask. I was just excited. I had already done three interviews, each of them asking the same questions. They asked questions about my old book, my new book, how I got started writing, and the book Logan and I are writing. Most of the questions were related to my upcoming werewolf book, although I couldn't give anything away. They didn't know what kind of book it was, anything about our main characters we had yet to begin to write, or anything about it. They weren't very happy when I didn't give anything away, but they easily just got back on track and asked questions about my books instead.

It was ten in the morning, I had already done an interview this morning and was now on my way to a bookstore in downtown Charleston, South Carolina where I would do my first book signing. It was a bookstore that I had done my very first booksigning and it has a special place in my heart.

The signing was scheduled to be in an hour. Sarah and I were just getting out of the car and heading into library. We entered through the back to avoid the line of mostly teenagers who were already wrapped around the corner.

"Hello Miss Tate, I'm Emma Hanlen. I'm the owner of this bookstore."

I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

"You've done a great job with this bookstore." I tell her and it's true. There was a large table set up for where I would sit. There was a smaller table with my first book stacked high on it. I didn't have any of my newest books, but I would have them before the tour was over. I did get a few early copies, the very first ones to be printed. I sent them to my family, kept once for myself, gave two to Johanna and Cara and even sent one to Brett.

"Thank you." She says to me, leading me towards the table where she placed a few markers for me to use. They were in multiple colors set out for me and I thanked her as I took a seat and leaned back in the chair. "There's plenty of books underneath the table if they don't have their own, if you need a water one of us will get you one. Besides that we should be ready to go."