Chapter Twenty-Three

Strange sits on a rock in the middle of a deserted field. A portal opens behind him, revealing Thanos.

"Where is Abi Thanos?"

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Abigail Stark!" Strange stands up quickly, the blood rushing to his head.

"The name does ring a bell now that I think about it."

"I know Loki took her and handed her over to you. So i'll repeat it again," He walks towards Thanos, "Where is she?"

"She's somewhere you'll never find her."

"Found her." says Tony over the earpiece.

Suddenly Strange opens a portal not far from Thanos. Peter comes flying through it, hitting Thanos in the face.

"Magic."

He disappears into another portal only to reappear on the opposite side, hitting Thanos again.

"More magic."

Peter pushes off Thanos, flying into another portal and reappears again.

"Magic with a kick..."

Thanos grabs Peter by the neck before he can hit him, pushing him to the ground. Peter squirms in his grip, trying to get free but it only makes Thanos tighten his grip.

"Insect" hisses Thanos before he throws Peter to the ground.

"Abi isn't waking up Doc." Tony's voice rings out of the earpiece again.

Panic wells in Strange's stomach as he hears Tony. "It must be the spell Loki put on her," says Strange from the other end of the earpiece. "Bring her here, I might be able to undo it."

"Already on my way."

Moments later, Tony lands on the ground, placing me down in front of Strange.

"You think it will work?" asks Tony as he studies Strange.

"It's the best chance we've got right now."

"Work your magic Strange, we'll cover you."

Tony flies off in the direction of Thanos as Strange begins the spell.

My eyes fly open as I gasp for air.

"Abi?" Strange moves closer to me, putting his hand to my forehead and checking my temperature, "Can you hear me?"

"Strange?" I sit up and throw my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me. I breathe in the scent of him, getting lost in the joy of seeing him again. Pulling away, I look at Strange, locking  eyes with him, "When did you get back?"

"It doesn't matter, all that matters is that your safe." He pulls me back into a hug, holding me tightly to his  chest.

"Is she awake yet Doc?" shouts Tony from the other side of the battlefield.

"Yes, Sleeing beauty has finally awoken." I smile at Tony, standing up as he runs towards me.

"Strange, fill in for me okay?" Tony grabs me in a bear hug as Strange runs off to fight, "Don't ever do that to me again."

"THANOS!" Strange steps infront of Thanos, ready for battle.

"Back again are we wizard?"

I turn to Tony, "Will he be okay?"

"I sure hope so."

Thanos fires a bolt of power at Strange, shattering a rock on the way. Strange manages to block the attack, using the mirror dimension and sends it straight back at Thanos. Prepared for the attack, Thanos used the gauntlet to make a black hole and fires it at Strange. Using all the power he can, Strange turns the black hole into butterflies that flutter past Thanos.

"You're a good fighter."

Thanos lifts the guntlet and pulls Strange towards him with it. I scream as Thanos tightens his grip around Stranges neck and try to run towards them only to be held back by Tony.

"Shame it's not enough."

Thanos throws Stranges body to the ground as a blood-curdling scream tears from my throat.  As Strange hits the ground, his head hits a rock and he lies there, unconscious and barely breathing.

"Goodbye Wizard. Say hello to your friends for me."