Finally (P39)

Arrio's POV
Finding Kai

It took awhile to track his scent because it kept going in different directions. But I've finally found the one that'll lead me to him. It took me all night to find it and many circles.

I just can't figure out who would've taken him. I've sent Chief Lovato to the Lloyd house to see if Kai was there. Which wasn't really my concern because if it would've been the yeasty pigeon, there wouldn't have been blood. And it wasn't the rogue because I checked there before I left.

"Hurry up! He could be in danger." Axel growls.

"If he was we would've felt something" not much but still we can feel when something is wrong. When we finish the mating ritual we will feel each others emotions and pain.

I look in the distance and notice the sky darken in only a section. The clouds cover the sun and thunder is heard. But it's only in a small section. That's definitely not natural. Could it be? My Kai?

"Let's go!" Axel orders. I begin running towards the storm. It has to be him. There's no other person who could do that. I continue glancing up to keep my eye on it. "it's clearing up!" I look again and yes the clouds are going back to normal. The sun is out. I need to hurry.

The rain will wash out any scent there including my mates. So I need to hurry. I use all my power to run there. Hopefully I'm going to the right place. Hopefully my mate is ok.

.
.
.
"What the hell happened here?" Axel asks. I walk up to the shed that is completely destroyed. "Did Kai do this?" I shift back to my human self and look around. I can't smell him but maybe I can find something that belongs to him. I begin moving things and sniffing. Yes he was here, this was definitely him.

I walk to the other side of the shed and sniff. "It's faint but I can smell him." I begin following the scent. There's no other scent so he must of escaped while everyone was gone. I'm surprised no one saw him.

"Kai's back!" Dean mind links me as I'm halfway back home. I shift back to being a wolf and run back to the pack house.

"Is he ok!?" I ask.

"He's perfectly fine." Dana answers.

I push the door open and walk in. I take small steps as i stare into my sea.
"I was so worried." I say stopping in front of him "I'm happy you're safe"

I feel my eyes water up and notice his do the same. "Hug him!" Axel orders. I slowly open my arms asking for permission. I know he won't be ok with me just hugging him since he doesn't feel the connection.

To my surprise he actually nods and quickly gets into my arms. He squeezes me tightly as I do to him. "I'm sorry." He mumbles  "you were right."

"Shh" I rub his back "you don't need to be sorry. It wasn't your fault."

"No it was that bastard! We need to kill him!" Axel growls.

"Yeah Kai. That bracelet was just confusing you." Scarlet joins. "I'm just happy you finally got it off before you did anything stupid." She laughs.  "Like accepting that ring."

I feel Kai tense up when she brings up the ring. She's talking about the one that connects them completely. He pulls away from me and stares at Scarlet. He then looks at his hand then at me. Then back at his hand. "What is it?" I ask.

He shrugs sheepishly  "truth be told." He puts on an innocent font. "I was seconds away from wearing that ring." I feel the air leave me at those words. "before you showed and demanded me to come here."