𝐈.𝐈𝐗𝐕

GOODBYE

Not even a week later Darla was stood with all of the others as they were watching both Thor and Loki leave.

Thor held Loki tightly as Loki was both, cuffed and had a gag in his mouth so he couldn't utter a word.

Whilst in hospital receiving multiple stitches and tablets to take to make the pain go away. Darla watched the news, which talked a lot about the avengers and the destruction done to the city.

Her brother, Briar, hadn't said anything to their mother about Darla's new job which she was beyond thankful about.

Darla watched as Bruce placed the Tesseract in a glass container that Selvig was holding. Steve had a stone cold look on his face. His jaw was clenched and his brows furrowed.

The blonde walked up to the man and linked her arm with his. She looked up at him and smiled. Steve flashed the girl a half hearted smile.

Thor nodded towards the group that watched him and Loki leave. Darla was saddened by the idea of not knowing when she was going to see the man again. Over the past few weeks they had all grown closer. She hated the idea of them all leaving.

Darla wrapped her arms around Tony's torso. She rested her head against his chest and waited for the man to hug her back.

"Tony, this is going to get very awkward if you don't hug me back." Darla whispered to the man, who chuckled and then wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey kid, if you ever need anything, I'm a call away alright? Don't you hesitate. I'm only a drive away." Tony muttered into her hair.

He had grown fond of the blonde girl. She had a special place in his head and felt like a father figure to her. When he saw her hurt, he was so tempted to ditch the bomb to help her but he knew that's not what she would have wanted.

"An hour drive but, same to you." She said pulling away from him and walking over to Bruce. "Hey green rage monster." Bruce shook his head and pulled the girl on for a hug. "I'll miss you." She muttered.

"I'll miss you too." He smiled back before he pulled away. "Stay out of trouble." He lightly tapped her nose before she got into Tony's car and they drove away.

"Come here." Natasha said with open arms. Darla didn't hesitate on running over to the girl. "Oh I'll miss you." She said rocking the pair side to side.

Darla smiled. Natasha had become like another big sister to Darla. They had grown closer whilst Darla was in hospital. Natasha had visited her almost every single day without any hesitation.

"I'll miss you more, Nat. So you best visit me." She playfully teased as Clint wrapped his arms around both the girls.

"Not as much as you'll miss me though right?" Clint chuckled into the girls blonde hair.

"Of course not, but don't tell Nat." She playfully chuckled. "Thanks for saving my ass." She said as she was sandwiched between both of the pair. "Both of you."

"Anytime." They both chimed and pulled away from the girl and got into Natasha's car which belonged to SHIELD before driving off.

Darla turned to Steve with a saddened look.

"Do you really have to leave?" She questioned. Out of all of the avengers, Steve was the one she had grown closest too.

He always was there to calm her, he always was by her side when the voices were too loud, which he always managed to silenced them slightly. He always made her laugh and smile. He made her feel sane.

Sadly, Steve nodded. He watched as the girls bottom lip began to quiver.

"Come here." He said wrapping his strong arms around her waist. "I'll see you again soon don't you worry."

Darla wrapped her arms around his torso and held him tightly. She never wanted him to let go of her. She wanted to stay in his arms forever.

"Can you do me a favour before you go?" She questioned hopefully. Steve hummed in response making Darla pull away from the man.

She dug into her back pocket and pulled out the Captain America trading cards of Coulson's.

"I promised that I'd asked you to sign them for him." She whispered softly. Steve smiled sympathetically at the girl before taking the cards from her grip and signing each of them. "Thank you." She muttered taking the cards back and placing them in her pocket.

"You gonna be okay?" Steve questioned concerned about the girl. He knew she was going back home to Brooklyn. To her parents and youngest brother. But he couldn't help but worry that she would need him at some point.

"I'll be fine." She said as she plastered a fake smile on her face. "Besides, Tony's only an hours drive away." She watched as Steve's jaw clenched and then unclenched at the idea of her turning to Tony for help instead of him. She stepped closer to the man and looked up at him through her lashes. "Will you?" Steve nodded.

He brought his hand up to cup the girls cheek, she smiled and nuzzled into his palm.

"I'm going to miss you, Darla Dyer."

"I'm going to miss you too, Cap." She whispered.

Steve leant down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I'll see you around, yeah?"

"I'll see you around." She stepped away from the man and allowed him to climb onto his motorcycle and drive off.

Darla stood there for a minute watching as Steve drove off into the distance, not knowing when she was going to see him again.